HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Miscarriage & Still Birth (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/miscarriage-still-birth/)
-   -   Miscarriage or something else? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/miscarriage-still-birth/861302-miscarriage-something-else.html)

MissKittyCat 07-27-2011 06:35 PM

Miscarriage or something else?

Bare with me because this might be a bit long. For starters, I have had an unusual mentral cycle ever since my first period. I would skip it all together for months on end, but I wasn't sexually active so I never worried. Any blood tests I did never showed why. So even though I have became sexually active within this year I barely thought twice about missing my period. I took pregnancy tests and they were negative and I never had any of the signs. After about 3 months of not having my period, I went to my doctor to ask about getting on birth control...I decided to leave out the fact I was missing my period because I knew I wasn't pregnant, and since I was moving soon, I couldn't afford to wait around for any tests.

I started on Kariva about 2 months ago. At first I had horrid side effects that eventually went away. By the time I started on the second month of Kariva, I still didn't have a period. Of course it didn't worry me. I finally got what I would call my period in the middle of the second month of taking Kariva. It was acting odd though, but I assumed it was because I missed it for so long. It started off as mostly dark/dead blood clumped together and it wouldn't get on my pad, only showed up when I wiped. One night it finally started to bleed like normal aside from there still being odd clumps (which I'm assuming as clots). Later that night, I felt something odd and went to the bathroom to check. I found something solid came out of me, some kind of tissue, it had the consistency of raw chicken and probably about the size of 2 or 3 quarters put together. From there my 'period' went back to being clots...sometimes these clots seem to have a mucouslike color along with the blood. On top of that, this is the longest 'period' I have ever had, at least longer than a week.

I decided to take some time to look up what might be happening and the only result for that solid tissue that came out was the result of a miscarriage. However I didn't get much pain aside from mild cramps...until after the tissue passed, now I'm getting stabbing pains in my lower stomach although I can't say for sure if it's related. I read that you can take a pregnancy test up to 2 weeks after a miscarriage and the result would be positive, however I took a test the day after the tissue passed and it was negative.

I also looked up some stuff about Kariva birth control. As I understand, and I could be wrong, you aren't supposed to have a period when taking the white pills because it stops the egg from being released; you're only supposed to have your period while taking the green/blue pills for the last week. Yet this 'period' happened in the middle of taking the white pills, and the previous month I didn't have a period during the week of the placebo pills.

As I said, it's been about a week since that tissue passed and I'm still getting weird blood clots. On top of that, and I'm not sure if it's related, but I've had a consistent headache and I've felt nauseos.

I can't go to a doctor for many reasons. I have no money, I don't have a doctor where I've moved to, and I don't have my insurance information with me (yet). So I figured asking a health forum would be my best bet to see if it could possibly be a miscarriage, or something else.