It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
(female)

guiltysunshine HB User
feeling guilty

Hi all,

I had a miscarriage at 17th week almost and year ago and still sometimes i feel the sense of guilt.

The reason is that i really dont know that why it happened as no test or things were done to find the cause.

on the said date i picked up my toddler son,who was throwing tantrums so maybe coz of his weight,maybe coz of incompetence,i really dont know
i also had vaginal discharge and itchiness,so maybe i had bacterial infection which i didnt get checked and which caused it(i feel so guilty that i didnt get it checked)
Or may be cause of simple chromosomal or placental abnormality in which case this is not my fault.

Still i dont know the cause so i feel so so gulity,i am pregnant again after that and in my 25th week,but all i can think is about the lost baby and that it is because of me.

Please help me in what to do and how to cope.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: feeling guilty

sweetie don't do this to yourself......things happen for a reason. a lot of things in life are out of our control.
you did nothing wrong! you're pregnant again, you have a new life growing inside you, don't think negative thoughts!
Best of luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2012, 05:42 AM   #3
(female)

idreamofsilence HB User
Re: feeling guilty

Just remember that like the last poster said, things happen for a reason. I had a miscarriage in August and I was supposed to be in my 10th week and I ended up miscarrying at the 6th week. But it didn't fully miscarry until the 10th week. Most likely it happened because of a genetic abnormality. Typically miscarriages happen because of the fact that the baby would not be able to live outside of the womb, and if so, not for very long. It is a way of nature saving that child from a lifetime of sickness or pain. I sometimes feel awful because of my miscarriage. It was my first pregnancy and it was almost two years since my husband and I were married that we finally were able to get pregnant (we were actively trying for 2 years). Sometimes, we feel like a piece of us is missing. But remember that beautiful child you are carrying in you now is hope for a better future and for a hope for a healthier baby. You can still think of your loss, but don't feel guilty about anything. There was nothing you could do and nothing you did that caused it to happen.

The Following User Says Thank You to idreamofsilence For This Useful Post:
nevaeh1226 (07-28-2012)
Reply Reply