It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
(female)

Spanton18 HB User
Question Miscarriage???

Hi
I am not sure if I just had a weird period or if I might have had a very early miscarriage. My period was four days late and then when I did have it, it was three days long and I passed a couple small clots....which I have never done with a normal period. So, I am not quite sure what to do. Could this even happen with a normal pregnancy and the baby be okay? (If I am pregnant)

Old 07-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User
Re: Miscarriage???

Some women have implantation bleeding/spotting, which occurs around 3-6 weeks pregnant. It's when the baby is burrowing itself into the lining of the uterus, causing the uterus to bleed or spot a little. I know I had it with my 3rd child for 5 days. I thought it was a period until I decided to test anyway and I was pregnant. With my 4th it happened again at 6 days past ovulation which made me only 2 weeks pregnant. I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 3 weeks and 5 days pregnant though. I kind of figured I was though being that I had spotted for a day or so beforehand. But, if it's a miscarriage there's nothing you can do about it now. All you can do is take an HPT and see if there's any hcg in it. If so, go to the doctor or the ER and they will do a blood pregnancy test on you to see if there's any hcg left in you. If so, they might check you in a few days again just to see if the hcg is rising. If it's dropping then you're miscarrying but if it continues to rise they will say you are definitely pregnant and more than likely it was implantation bleeding. The only thing throwing me off is the passing of small clots. With implantation bleeding ,that would be very unlikely.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
miscarriage, pregnancy