It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #1
(female)

missbb1220 HB User
Trying to Cope...

A week ago I lost my pregnancy at around 7 weeks. I had been on Trileptal for bipolar dissorder. After discovering I was pregnant I was weened off the medication. almost 2 weeks later spotting and bleeding started. My gyno's office was aware that I had been on this med, but knew nothing of the effects of it. After talking with my med doc I had blood work done and an early utra sound. A week after the ultra sound I misscarried.
I called my gyno's office when I discovered i was bleeding and spotting. They told me it was prob. cause of had sex the day before. I had no cramping. They ordered more blood work to be done to make sure my levels were good. They were. I was told it is normal for some woment o bleed a little or spot in the beginning of pregnancy and not to worry unless I was having heavy cramping.
A four days later they had me have an ultrasound done again, because I told them it felt like i was having a period. The ultra sound tech told me she didn't see a pregnancy any more.
I've been researching this medication. And have found that it can lead to miscarriges. I don't understand why my drs where not concerned... or that they didnt tell me that my medication could have contributed to this. All the dr said was they never know why these things happen.
I feel like this is my fault... I'm upset, and numb. I don't want to take this any more, but I feel like if I don't I will go crazy....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
(female)

missbb1220 HB User
Re: Trying to Cope...

Is there any one else who believes medication has lead to a pregnancy loss? If so... how have you handled the loss? I have talked with close family, but no one has lost a pregnancy...

Old 07-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
(female)

nevaeh1226 HB User
Re: Trying to Cope...

I am going through the same thing as we speak (type). According to the first day of my last menstrual cycle, I'm suppose to be 6 weeks pregnant but as of Friday my hcg levels were 45 and the dr at the ER told me I could be having a miscarriage or I could be off on my dates and that I could probably be 3 or 4 weeks along. I'm sitting in the ER right now to have my hcg levels checked again. I'm not on medication for bipolar dissorder but I am on Lexapro for depression & Suboxone for addiction. I believe by taking these medications that they're the reason I could be having a miscarriage. And maybe even the reason you had a miscarriage.
Even though I don't know about losing a pregnancy, I do know about losing a child. My daughter passed away at the age of 3 on 09/14/10. Yeah I handled it the wrong way in the beginning but now I'm in counseling and I join websites that deals with grieving. I also keep myself busy so I'm not sitting alone with my thoughts. The people on the websites might not be family but at least they know what you're going through and how you're feeling. And they can give you advice on how they have or how they are dealing with their loss.
Just remember this was not your fault at all!! Every thing happens for a reason. I once read, "maybe it is God's way of letting you know that the baby could have been sick once he or she was born and that He did not want to see you struggle or have you dealing with the emotional pain of seeing your baby hurting and suffering." Saying that over and over in my head is helping me out right now. Because my daughter that passed away had cerebral palsy and it hurt me so much to see her have seizures all day every day and I couldn't do nothing about it. I don't ever regret having her at all. I'd just rather have my baby peaceful weather she was here on earth or in heaven with my other loved ones that have passed on. Also, I'm not a dr or anything but I don't think it'd be a good idea if you stop taking your medication. But if you are planning on getting pregnant again, I would talk to your med dr and your ob/gyn first. Keep your head up and keep praying!!

Last edited by nevaeh1226; 07-29-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: I wasn't finished typing

Reply Reply