HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Miscarriage & Still Birth (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/miscarriage-still-birth/)
-   -   pregnant, bleeding & scared that I'm having a miscarriage!! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/miscarriage-still-birth/911758-pregnant-bleeding-scared-im-having-miscarriage.html)

nevaeh1226 07-28-2012 10:39 AM

pregnant, bleeding & scared that I'm having a miscarriage!!

Where do I begin?? I've had my period religiously every month on the exact day for the past 6-9 months until this month (July 2012). When my period didn't start I knew I was pregnant. So, I took a pregnancy test at home and it did confirm that I was pregnant. A week later I got a uti a went to the emergency room because I was concerned for my baby. While I was there I noticed a light light pinkish in color after I used the restroom. When I saw the dr I told him what happened and he said not to worry and that it was normal in a uti so I left it at that. Well, 4 days later I started bleeding. So, i went to the ER for the 2nd time. According to the 1st day of my last period I'm suppose to be 6 weeks pregnant. When they drew my blood and ran test the dr told me I could be having a miscarriage or I could be off on my days and not be as far as long I thought I was which is 6 weeks. (I'm hoping and praying that's the case). The next day when I woke up & went to the bathroom again and the bleeding became more than before. So, away we go to the ER for the 3rd time in less than a week. Let me say that I scheduled my first prenatal visit for August 6th when I found out I was pregnant. That was the earliest time they could see me. Ok, back to the ER for the 3rd time....they drew more blood and ran another hormone test to see if I was still pregnant. When the results came back the dr said that there was no change and I have to come back in 2-3 days to see if my blood levels decreased (having a miscarriage) or increased (still pregnant), which is what the blood level is suppose to do. That was yesterday afternoon. Today, I am still bleeding and the waiting game for Sunday to get here to find out if I'm having a miscarriage or not is nerve wrecking. What bits and pieces I've read on the internet about having a miscarriage I still don't know if I am having one or not. So, I guess what I'm trying to find out is....what are the signs and symptoms of a miscarriage?? And could I possibly be having a miscarriage so I can start accepting the fact I may lose my baby. Let me just say that I am not cramping at all and the only time I get up is to use the bathroom and that's when the blood comes out. Can someone please please help me out with this one??

noevr 07-28-2012 02:34 PM

Re: pregnant, bleeding & scared that I'm having a miscarriage!!

Hi, gosh this has got to be driving you crazy with worry I'm so sorry you are having to go thru it. I do have a question, is the blood red or brown? Reason being if its brown its old blood from last month (from what I remember I am now menopausal so its been some time for me) and that is a better sign.

Otherwise I think its hard to tell if you're miscarrying or not except w/ that bloodtest or ultrasound. Hope everything turns out ok, ((((HUGS)))) cj

nevaeh1226 07-28-2012 06:02 PM

[QUOTE=no34evr;5029291]Hi, gosh this has got to be driving you crazy with worry I'm so sorry you are having to go thru it. I do have a question, is the blood red or brown? Reason being if its brown its old blood from last month (from what I remember I am now menopausal so its been some time for me) and that is a better sign.

Otherwise I think its hard to tell if you're miscarrying or not except w/ that bloodtest or ultrasound. Hope everything turns out ok, ((((HUGS)))) cj[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much for responding!! Yes it is driving me crazy!! I've been on the Internet all night last night and all day today trying to find out something. When it comes out it looks dark maroonish in color. It's not bright red or anything. And sometimes there are tiny pieces of clots every once in a while but not a lot. And I'm not cramping at all. Also, during my last pregnancy I kept getting cysts just inside the vaginal area the size of golf balls. My ob/gyn dr had to lance and drain it several times until I had surgery to remove the remaining cyst and open whatever was clogged on the inside that was causing the cysts. I don't know if that will help with getting a better idea if I'm having a miscarriage or not. I hope it does though. I had a threatened miscarriage before but I was like 2 or 3 months by then so, the drs were able to find out what was going on by doing a ultrasound. Thank you again!! I really appreciate it. Me and my husband prays that everything will be ok!!

nevaeh1226 07-29-2012 02:12 PM

Well today is finally here. Now me & my husband are on our way to the hospital so they can run another hcg test. I'm hoping and praying that the numbers go up like they are suppose to. But by the way things are going I don't think they'll be going up. I'm so nervous that I don't know what to do. I've already lost one child almost 2 years ago and she was only 3 years old. Losing a child no matter what age they are is devastating!! Even though only one person has responded its ok I guess. I'm just glad I have somewhere to put my thoughts because me and my husband doesn't talk about what's going on. Thanks for reading!! I'll add more after I find out the results.

noevr 07-29-2012 05:03 PM

good luck w/ your results! thinking about you! cj

cpm1228 07-29-2012 05:24 PM

I hope everything is ok! I am having a similar problem. I have had 3 miscarrages in the past and 1 ectopic pregnancy, which ruptured my left tube. I am now 8 weeks pregnant and started bleeding with horrible cramps. I went to the ER 2 days ago thinking had already lost the baby and when I had an ultrasound it showed everything was fine. They said the baby was in my uterus and it had a good heartbeat. So I was put on bedrest. Yesterday the bleeding continued and the cramps were not as bad but I passed a large clot with tissue. Now all the cramps are gone but I am still bleeding a little. I am just wondering if anyone has had anything like this happen before and everything still be ok.

nevaeh1226 07-30-2012 08:43 PM

Sorry I'm just now replying. I've been pulling my hair out these last few days. I want to start off by saying thank you CJ!! I really appreciate your support. Also, thank you cpm1228. I hope everything goes well with u too!!
I went to the ER yesterday and my hcg levels went down. I finally went to my ob/gyn today. They drew more blood to see if my levels are going down more. Idk the results yet. The dr said the results should be in tomorrow. Here's the weird part....when my dr check me he said that my cervix was closed at the time which means I wasn't miscarrying right then. But I could've already miscarried. On our way home I had my husband stop at CVS Pharmacy so I could get a pregnancy test. I got home and to my surprise it was still positive. What I'm wanting to know is, will the pregnancy test still show up positive if you've already miscarried?? Or am I still pregnant?? I know I'm just driving myself crazy with all of this but I need to know the answer like a few days ago. I don't like not knowing. I'm having a ultrasound to confirm everything tomorrow. If anyone can help me out please please do so.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, since all of this has happened, it's put a bigger wedge between me and my husband. So, we both are having a difficult time with this. I knew it would because the same thing happened when our 3 year old passed away but he promised me it wouldn't. I really don't know what to do about that.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

nevaeh1226 07-30-2012 08:45 PM

:confused::confused::confused:Sorry I'm just now replying. I've been pulling my hair out these last few days. I want to start off by saying thank you CJ!! I really appreciate your support. Also, thank you cpm1228. I hope everything goes well with u too!!
I went to the ER yesterday and my hcg levels went down. I finally went to my ob/gyn today. They drew more blood to see if my levels are going down more. Idk the results yet. The dr said the results should be in tomorrow. Here's the weird part....when my dr check me he said that my cervix was closed at the time which means I wasn't miscarrying right then. But I could've already miscarried. On our way home I had my husband stop at CVS Pharmacy so I could get a pregnancy test. I got home and to my surprise it was still positive. What I'm wanting to know is, will the pregnancy test still show up positive if you've already miscarried?? Or am I still pregnant?? I know I'm just driving myself crazy with all of this but I need to know the answer like a few days ago. I don't like not knowing. I'm having a ultrasound to confirm everything tomorrow. If anyone can help me out please please do so.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention, since all of this has happened, it's put a bigger wedge between me and my husband. So, we both are having a difficult time with this. I knew it would because the same thing happened when our 3 year old passed away but he promised me it wouldn't. I really don't know what to do about that.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!

noevr 07-31-2012 07:35 AM

Hi, gosh I would be at my wits end by now. I don't have any answers for you on the pregnancy side of things cuz I just don't know. As far as your hubby and you when you say it drives you apart do you mean you're not talking at all? Is he a quiet one? Maybe you guys could just go for a long drive (he can't get away from you then hee hee) and then start talking about it. Could be he doesn't want to upset you anymore than you are, tell him not to worry about that, that you need to talk to about it with him or something. Also remember he is suffering a loss too (if that's the case of course) and since he's not talking (I don't think) you don't really know how he feels so maybe bring that up, tell him you are right there with him and that's it's ok to show his emotion. That's about all I can think of and I hope it helps. Thinking of you guys, cj

noevr 07-31-2012 10:56 AM

Hi, gosh I would be at my wits end by now. I don't have any answers for you on the pregnancy side of things cuz I just don't know. As far as your hubby and you when you say it drives you apart do you mean you're not talking at all? Is he a quiet one? Maybe you guys could just go for a long drive (he can't get away from you then hee hee) and then start talking about it. Could be he doesn't want to upset you anymore than you are, tell him not to worry about that, that you need to talk to about it with him or something. Also remember he is suffering a loss too (if that's the case of course) and since he's not talking (I don't think) you don't really know how he feels so maybe bring that up, tell him you are right there with him and that's it's ok to show his emotion. That's about all I can think of and I hope it helps. Thinking of you guys, cj