It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
(female)

Countrygirl9186 HB User
Confused!! Possible miscarriage??

Hi there, this is my first time on this site and I have many questions and concerns. Hoping to hear some feedback about people Who may be experiencing what I am.

Okay so first of all, I had an ectopic pregnancy 3 months ago. My period was 2 days late and just for fun my friend suggested I take a test just to see and it came up positive. We were super excited! I was exactly 7 weeks and I started experiencing heavy cramps and bleeding with tons of medium size clots. I went to the ER and they took my hormone levels and said they were dropping and they thought it was a miscarriage and sent me home. They scheduled me for a u/s the next morning (internal) and saw that it was in my left tube. Admitted me and gave me a type or drug to flush it out. They scheduled me for a follow up in sept (which I think is a long time) but anyways. I had my first period after that on June 24th. Then I was suppose to get this period on July 24th but it didn't come. I have been cramping really bad since my last period in june and on the 3rd missed day I had spotting and light pink blood. Today is day 7 and this morning I woke up with a bit of blood in my pad. Went to work and it was a medium all day. (tampon every 6-7 hrs) and it wasn't even full. Then tonight it stopped and I'm spotting light again (bright red blood) with greyish medium clots. I'm just wondering if I should maybe be concerned. ?? After the last tubal I'm kinda freaking myself out a bit. :s

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User
Re: Confused!! Possible miscarriage??

If you think you're having another miscarriage you should go to the doctor or the ER and they will do a blood pregnancy test on you as well as a urine test. It's possible especially with the light bleeding/spotting. But I think that's your best bet. I had a miscarriage in 2009 and I remember spotting brown for a few days and the day it got heavy I took 2 HPTs anyways. They both came up faint but positive. That same night I had bad cramps and had to pee. When I peed a passed a quarter-sized clot. I knew what was going on for sure. I went to the ER and the urine test showed negative but the blood test showed positive. I was miscarrying. I know how you feel and I am sorry for your loss. But definitely get to a doctor or the ER.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
(female)

Countrygirl9186 HB User

Thank you so much for replying. I was bleeding very lightly last night (filled just the tip of the tampon) and then nothing at all today. Took a hpt today and it said negative. Going to take one tomorrow morning. If its still negative should I still go to the hospital? Im just nervous. I don't want to look like an idiot lol

Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User

Anytime you think you're miscarrying, you simply cannot look like an idiot. A miscarriage is a serious thing as I've been through one before. If you think something is wrong then you should go. That's what the doctors are there for. The only thing I can think of is maybe you're experiencing implantation bleeding. That's when you become pregnant and the baby is burrowing itself into your uterus, causing it to spot a little. If that's the case you may not get a positive on an HPT until it's complete, which could be another 5 days.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
(female)

oilchick HB User

Hi Countrygirl9186,

I just want to say that since you have had a n ectopic pregnancy before that you need to be really careful. I just went through an Ectopic pregnancy. Had it removed June 6th this year and I was told to not be sexually active for a good 3 months after and when you do try to get pregnant that if any little thing is off from your regular cycle that you are supposed to get in and see the Dr. It's not something that should be taken lightly if you have already gone through it once. Dr's will not turn you away for concerns. I had light bleeding for a month before I went to see my Dr. I am lucky to be alive... do not hesitate to get checked out. N
I am not trying to scare you but it's scared me and I will share what I went through for if there is ever a slim chance that someone is going through same thing that I went through that I can possibly help so it doesn't get to this point with someone else...

Reply Reply