It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #1
(female)

Mayflowers11 HB User
Am I Miscarrying?

Hello all... I am new to this board... This is my second pregnancy, my first being with my daughter who is two... Last Monday I started having some brown discharge... Called the doctor and they said if it gets any heavier or turns red to call back. I woke yo Friday morning with a little sooy of spot of red in my panties and when I wiped was bleeding... This tapered off through the day and turned brown... They wanted to see me so I went in Friday and they did a sonogram... I was only 5 weeks so the couldn't see a heartbeat but could see the sac and even the yolk...l my doctor checked me and my cervix was still closed. At that time I had not miscarried.... She said I would fill a pad within an hour if I was Miscarrying..and unless I lose too much blood i could call Tuesday with th results of the weekend. I also had my blood taken and will go back Tuesday to do it again... Anyways... It's been really light most of the weekend and then
Sat night it picked up again... Red blood this time like my period.... Every time I wipe it's there...l was up every hour going to the restroom... But the blood was only when I wiped or peed... I have had a few dark brown small clots.....no cramping..... And not a downpour of blood...yet.... Am I Miscarrying? If I am how long until it passes? Thank you.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Am I Miscarrying?

Many women have some spotting or light bleeding early in pregancy and it resolves and they do just fine. In miscarriage you will get heavy bleeding and lots of cramping. As long as neither of those are happening, I would be optimistic. If being up and moving around increases the bleeding, take it easy and lie down as much as possible. Your blood test results will be helpful, as the HCG should keep rising, and if it starts falling, it is an ominous sign. Good luck. I think you sound safe for now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply