It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

amy70722 HB User
Miscarriage grieving loss years later

In September of 1994 I had a miscarriage. At the time I lived in a very rural part of Alabama.At the time I was 20 years old and scared to death. While being examined I lifted my head up and saw what was part of my miscarried baby. Because I was not very far along no DNC was done,and I was instructed to go to my OBGYN two days later to monitor my HCG levels. Two days later after blood work my levels were still increasing,returned next day and the same thing. A ultrasound was done in the office and I found out that I was still pregnant with a baby (Kristin) and I had lost the other child. I had been pregnant with twins. For some reason over the past year I have been dreaming and crying over my miscarried baby. Has anyone else ever had such a delayed grieving process or am I crazy?

Last edited by amy70722; 05-13-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: worded wrong

Old 06-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

sweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB Usersweetpotato13 HB User
Re: Miscarriage grieving loss years later

I don't think it's crazy at all, you went through a traumatic experience and there is no "correct " time to grieve.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2013, 03:38 AM   #3
(female)

Rileydoll92 HB User
Re: Miscarriage grieving loss years later

I completely agree with sweetpotato13, it isn't crazy at all and there's definitely no time frame on grieving.

Reply Reply

Tags
depression anxiety stress sadness, grieving, hcg, miscarriage