It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2005, 01:15 PM   #1
(male)

givemeaname HB User
girlfriend has/had mononucleosis

hello everoyne

my beloved girlfriend had/has glandular fever, she was off school for 5 weeks but about mid last weeks he felt fine again, and could do all normal things, but then just the other day (monday) we were abck at school and her right arm started to twitch wildly, then the whole right side of hre body went "funny" as she would put it, and then her right leg went to jelly. she had to be picked up form school and taken home, the twitching lasted form about half 2 till half 4. then afterwards she has felt very tired and yesterday she went in for a blood test.

she came back into shcool for a half day today but just as she got here she felt so tired and achey that she had to instantly call for a lift and be taken home. i havnt spoken to her since and hope to hell she is ok.

she also said today that she had pus in her throat (when she had glandular fever she had very large balls of pus in her throat).

Is this merging on to ME? she got drunk on thrusday two weeks ago and was complaining of very bad pains in her side, but i dont know if this is related.

Guy

please help, i care for her more than ymself, and infact my life was at an alltime low and i was tempted to top myself untill she gave me a reason not to.

basically my question is how long would it take to go away, and according to these symptoms could it be going on to ME??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2005, 05:46 AM   #2
(male)

The Sleeper HB User
Re: girlfriend has/had mononucleosis

Get her back to the doctor for some more testing, I had mono 2 years ago sort of the way mine went. After 5 or 6 weeks rest I started to feel better, after about 8 weeks I went back to work. I didn`t last to long, tired all the time lots of aches, mostly my neck and shoulders. It just went down hill from there. They thought I had CFS, now maybe MS. The best thing to do is keep going to the doc until they find out for sure what the problem is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread