It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #1
(female)

louise6609 HB User
mononucleosis virus

has any one ever had this, how long has it taken to recover and what symptoms have you had? I have had liver, spleen and lymph node problems and a thyroidectomy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2006, 07:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User
Re: mononucleosis virus

I had mono for the first time 15 years ago. I had a recurrance this past year. My symptoms were spleen pain, fever, liver enzymes elevated and too-fast heart rate. They lasted a couple of months. I was told that many mono sufferers will experience recurrances of symptoms periodically for the rest of their lives. Mono stays with you forever. Technically you carry the virus after you get it. It can reactivate for a number of reasons, but I think any time your health is in decline, you may be suceptible to it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
(female)

shaunsgrl HB User
Re: mononucleosis virus

I actually just had mono this past summer. Early symptoms include headache, nausea, tiredness and muscle aching...all of which I had. I also had a sore throat, fever, and swollen lymph glands. Symptoms only last 1-4 weeks, but can last up to 3 months with a slow gradual recovery. However, the virus remains in your body from 6-18 months after the illness so it is still possible to spread the infection to others. If you have difficulty breathing, excess coughing with chest pain, severe or worsening abdominal pain, fainting or dizziness or severe stiff neck with headache or facial weakness, go to the ER.

Closed Thread