It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
(male)

LedgerLewis HB User
Diagnosed with Mono...Please help...

About 4 weeks ago I got what I thought was the flu. The flu was typical and nothing severe. It lasted about a week and the fever subsided but an extreme feeling of fatigue lasted. I felt like I was walking around stoned. I went back to work and tried to work for a week and it about killed me. During this time I noticed the glands in my neck and around my ears were swollen. I also felt like I wanted to lie down at all times. I returned to my doctor and had them perform blood work on me, specifically to test for mononucleosis. Well that was two weeks ago. I'm still feeling tired and my glands are still swollen. Is this normal? Today was the first good day I've had in weeks. But as the day wore on I have become more and more tired. Could anyone out there tell me if how I'm feeling is normal and how much longer this is going to last? Please.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
Re: Diagnosed with Mono...Please help...

Mono can last a good while. Do an internet search for tips. I had it in college and I was sick for 2 months, and then it took a good while to get all my strength back. All you can do is pace yourself, and sleep when you can. I was taking a full course load, and working. It was really tough, but I would make it through the day and come home and sleep. Do some research on vitamins and such that may help. Feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2007, 05:51 PM   #3
(male)

LedgerLewis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by butrfligirl28 View Post
Mono can last a good while. Do an internet search for tips. I had it in college and I was sick for 2 months, and then it took a good while to get all my strength back. All you can do is pace yourself, and sleep when you can. I was taking a full course load, and working. It was really tough, but I would make it through the day and come home and sleep. Do some research on vitamins and such that may help. Feel better soon!
Thanks Butrfligirl. I've been researching it like crazy. I bought some B vitamins today because I've heard they can help. Hope it works. Thanks again for the support.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

You are welcome! I hope the vitamins help, and you feel better very soon! Also, I was surprised to find that several months after I had recovered, that I was hit with the fatigue again. It didn't last that long, but it was scary because I thought it had come back. I found out that this can happen, and it will resolve soon. I wanted you to know that it's a possibility so that if it does happen, you are prepared and know what's going on. It is much easier that your first bout! Take care of yourself, and this will be a thing of the past very soon!

Closed Thread