It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 01:00 PM   #1
(female)

SweetSori HB User
Unhappy Could i have leukemia? or mononucleosis?

Hi everyone, im sorry i feel really stupid posting this because a lot of you are actual sufferers of this terrible disease and i´m only a paranoid 20 year old who just wants some comforting or mind at ease....
the thing is for the past 3 weeks or so I have been really exhausted, it´s not a necessity to sleep, it´s a feeling as though i have no blood in my body and no energy, and when it hits, which usually happens halfway through the day i have to get home in a cab and i can hardly talk from the exhaustion......
I thought it could be leukemia, also because i sometimes have bleeding gums but mainly from one part of the mouth where i´ve had a lot of trauma due to dental problems... i havent suffered weight loss, i think i´ve even put on a few pounds....
but the thing is, i´ve had a sore throat for almost a month now, and three days ago i developed a high fever and white pus on my tonsils. I went to the doc and he said it was the flu, and he gave me antibiotics but i started to develop a rash all over my legs and arms, their not spaced out, but all togehter, some are red and some are colorless, all bumpy...
so the doc says i could have mono and is going to tset me....bu im so scared because of all the exchaustion ive had and my cuts take so long to heal ( not to stop bleeding but to actually heal)...any suggestionss if it could be leukemia???? I´m sorry for all of you who are suffering it, you are very brave and i dont belive in prayers but i truly admire your courage you are an example, hang in there!!!! thank youu

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
(female)

SweetSori HB User
no responds??? Scareddd :(

Hello, i posted a few days ago asking if it was possible that mono could mimic the symptoms of Leukemia...but I got my mono tests back and I dont have it...
I dont know what else to do anymore, i havent gone out of my house for more than five minutes in over a month because im so tired all the time, its as though i had no blood in my veins to keep me standing up... I eat healthy food so I dont think it could be anemia....i wake up in the morning feeling fine, but at certain times of the day its like as if I had no energy, cant even speak and i get so sad and feel agonized.....and then after an hour or so i feel better...i dont get it....any feedback? answersss??? it would be very appreciated.........im a 21 year old female.....no particular stress....thankk youu in advance to all of you.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:15 AM   #3
(female)

cherylannne HB User
Re: Could i have leukemia? or mononucleosis?

My son who is 20 got a sore throat a few months back. Then his tonsils were so swollen that his throat was almost shut. He went to the ER and they said it was Tonsilitis and gave him antibiotics. Within 2 days he was vomitting and he had a rash. The doctor then said that it was Mono and did blood work. They still thought that it was Mono except for the fact that his white blood cell count was high.

The next few days was lots more blood work. The white blood cells kept getting higher and higher. Through further tests they did diagnose him with Leukemia. AML to be exact.

If your doctor did any blood work on you, they should have either come up with something, or ruled out everything. Ask your doctor.....

The following user gives a hug of support to cherylannne:
efamomma (02-02-2012)
Closed Thread