It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User
Re: Mono....or something else?

It'll take some time to completely feel back to normal, but I'm glad things are on the mend!

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-29-2009 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Please don't "Quote Reply" an immediate prior post. Use "Quick Reply" instead. Thanks!

Old 04-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #17
(female)

pixie102 HB User

My doctor finally called me back about my ANA blood test. The titer was abnormal. So she is referring me to a rheumatologist. Ugh. It's never-ending. She said it could still be a false-positive though. However, I am getting discouraged.

And a new weird symptom popped up. I'm itchy all over, from head to toe! No rash, just itchy. I've been taking claritin and that seems to help. It started when one day (about a week and a half ago), my chest broke out into an itchy rash -- it went away fairly quickly. However, now I'm itchy all over and my chest feels warm.

I just wish I knew what was wrong or got confirmation nothing is wrong.

Is it possible this is all due to the mono still? Maybe the mono just wreaked total havoc on my body and it's still trying to recover causing all this stuff. Maybe my immune system was completely weakened and taxed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2009, 08:25 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(male)

harka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB Userharka HB User

Hmmm, the itchiness is interesting--have you started any new medications recently? EBV can affect the liver

Last edited by harka; 05-11-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Please don't "Quote Reply" an immediate prior post. Use "Quick Reply" instead. Thanks!

Old 04-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #19
(female)

pixie102 HB User

No medications at all. Just the claritin when the itching gets bad. But that's not even every day.

No changes in any colors of anything either...

It's quite perplexing. I'm even using body wash/lotion that is for sensitive skin. Nothing different with laundry detergent.

I'm starting to think maybe it's something in my apartment...i'm not sure what though. It's a clean apartment, recently updated with new carpet. I've lived here for a year now.

i told my doctor about the itching, she thinks it's allergies and suggested benadryl.

My appetite is pretty much back to normal...except when the itching is present. My heart rate seems to speed up with the itching too.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:43 AM   #20
(female)

kitslady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie102 View Post
No medications at all. Just the claritin when the itching gets bad. But that's not even every day.

No changes in any colors of anything either...

It's quite perplexing. I'm even using body wash/lotion that is for sensitive skin. Nothing different with laundry detergent.

I'm starting to think maybe it's something in my apartment...i'm not sure what though. It's a clean apartment, recently updated with new carpet. I've lived here for a year now.

i told my doctor about the itching, she thinks it's allergies and suggested benadryl.

My appetite is pretty much back to normal...except when the itching is present. My heart rate seems to speed up with the itching too.
Hi Pixie,

I've had the condition you're describing off and on in my life and it has always been caused by stress--even when I was 'sure' it wasn't stress. Take it as a warning to slow down and take time out to consciously relax.

I'm an 'easygoing' person, which just means I'm easygoing on everyone else but me! I always knew stress could affect health, but didn't think it applied to me. Now I'm meeting w/heart transplant team in two days. Believe me stress can kill!

Sincerely, kitslady

Old 05-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #21
(female)

Toobcherished HB User

I just am starting to read this thread, and I stongly suspect that your doc is looking at Lupus but not saying it. Check into some of the signs and symptoms and post whether you think this sounds like maybe what your doc is leaning towards

good luck to you!

Old 06-01-2009, 10:26 AM   #22
(female)

pixie102 HB User

So. I feel mostly back to normal. Except now I have pityriasis rosea. It's pink patches all over my back and a few on my abdomen. They are itchy at times, but for the most part not bothersome, other than looking bad.

I'm wondering if this is an after-virus rash?

Toobcherished -- lupus?? really?

I'm going to a rheumatologist next friday. Hopefully he will be able to give me some answers. And hopefully there will be nothing wrong.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #23
(female)

boobell2009 HB User

I was recently treated for Shingles and I was on medication, well when that was gone
I noticed these red patches on my nose. My dr. thinks it's Rosea, so I just think that
it's kind of weird that I would get Rosea right after I had the Shingles.

Old 06-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #24
(female)

boobell2009 HB User

I'm not really sure how to do this but I am using Altabax to get rid of my Rosea and I
wondered if you had to use it too?

Old 10-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #25
(female)

ekelly HB User

I tested positive for mono a few weeks ago but started feeling crappy about 2 months ago. I also keep thinking it may be something else. I feel like I have a fever half the time. It hits me around 11:00 a.m. every day and lasts until I get up the next morning. I haven't taken any time off from work because other than the feverish feeling and a bit of fatigue, I'm okay. It is wreaking havoc on my liver due to my Hepatitis C. Getting all of the blood work re done November 1st. I keep thinking it's something else because I'll have a pretty good day and think it's over and has run it's course, then the next day it's all back again! i'm sick of it really.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:07 AM   #26
(female)

Lisajj HB User

My daughter 13 started with a cold and within 3 days didnt fee well at all. After a week of trying to fight it off her self I took her to see the GP as she got up and looked like she had mumps! Her glands were huge, slight temp, sore throat and lots of catarrh in throat, chest was clear, also a loose rattly cough but couldnt shift the catarrh whatever I gave her. Was prescribed Cephalexin for 5 days, urine tested that was clear. Told GP her tummy was sore and GP said contipated even though daughter said she wasnt. 8 days later she was still unwell, another GP said her spleen was enlarged and sent her off for full load of bloods, waiting on ultrasound scan for spleen. 2 days later she had bloods done saw a GP at the out of hours who said her spleen was ok, glands in neck were up but underarms and groin were ok. Tested urine and had infection, she was also complaining of L. kidney pain. How, after a negative test the previous week and 5 days of antibiotics did she get this?? Anyway, bloods came back, white cells not really up even though shes unwell and waiting on Mono test, maybe back tomorrow. GP doesnt think Mono as white count would be higher. Anyway glands still up in her neck and now under her arms, this started 3 weeks yesterday. Is now taking an adult course of Trimethoprim for 7 days for her kidney. Also her period was 2-3 weeks late (not sexually active!!!) which has now started. If Mono is clear then whats wrong? She had very similar to think in March but with chest infection aswell. Her iron counts fine and she is an active child but whenever shes poorly its always glands and throat. Help!

Closed Thread