It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
(male)

sporque HB User
Question about Mononucleosis recovery?

I have had mono for almost 3 months now, and I can say I'm doing a lot better. But instead of being tired a lot when recovering, I've been have bouts of anxiety. I'll feel like I have a nervous stomach, or butterflies in my stomach for no reason. I had this more intense when I was in the acute stage, only then it caused rapid heart beats and nausea for awhile. I just hope it's not a sign the mono is coming back. Has anyone else experienced weird body sensations when recovering from mono? Do they go away?

Old 01-21-2010, 01:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kdel HB Userkdel HB User
Re: Question about Mononucleosis recovery?

Hello, I had mono when I was 14 and it was a very bad case as well as long - mostly because I did my best to hide it from my parents because I didn't want to go to the doctor or miss out on a bunch of things that were going on so I didn't say anything and really wore myself down until my mom noticed this giant lump (swollen gland) on my neck and rushed me off to the doc. Anyway this is also when I experienced my first anxiety attack also and it was bad. My mom had to call my doc in the middle of the night and he actually called back and talked in my ear until I could calm down. Imagine that in this day. (I'm 41 now). So It's probobly ok - he said it was most likely from just knowing I was sick and being upset and not knowing when I could get back to my life. I don't know how old you are but for me even at 14 it took 6 weeks in bed and then another month or so before I was feeling well enough to get back to regular activities. As for it making the mono come back - well it's one of those things that you are not supposed to get again. Are you resting? Following doctors orders? It will get better but takes time and even though it's hard try to be patient and take it easy. Are you having your spleen monitored? You should check in your doctor if you haven't. Hope you feel better soon!

Last edited by kdel; 01-21-2010 at 01:48 PM. Reason: fix something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
(female)

mindyr2010 HB User
Re: Question about Mononucleosis recovery?

Hey just curious, how do you feel now? Did the symptoms finally go away on their own? I was dx with resolving mono a month ago, lymph node swelling and nausea still an issue.

Closed Thread