It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
(female)

PonyLover375 HB UserPonyLover375 HB User
Exclamation Can mono cause lower right side pain??

Hi, you may have noticed a similar post about this on the general health board titled "appendicitis??". this is quite complicated but i'll explain as briefly as i can.
Around new years, i started having a smal pain in my right lower side. I didn't think much of it until about two weeks later, when it started hurting REALLY bad. My mom took me to the doctor (im 14) and they did labs and sent us home saying to call if it got worse. low and behold it did, and two days later my mom called to see if we needed to get xrays and the practitioner just said to come and see the doctor the next day. He sent us home saying i was fine and to take advil.
About 3 weeks later i was still getting worse, and i begged my mom to get me an appointment somewhere else. She switched my PCP to our family doctor, who was out of town for a few days, so i had to go to some other lady in the other side of the office. She ended up being a jerk but did order more labs and an ultrasound. Labs were fine, u/s showed a tiny ovarian cyst on the left side. The next week i went to the family doctor when he was back in town. He was immediately thinking it was appendicitis, and sent us straight to the hospital for a CT of the appendix. That showed fine. He called and said he wanted 4 tubes of blood. I went and gave that. All came back normal.
So last week, i was still getting worse, and we went back. He ordered a CT of the whole abdomen with contrast. Yesterday he called saying my liver and spleen are a little enlarged and he wants to do a mono test on Monday. I also have a consult with a general surgeon on thursday to see if he wants to do exploratory surgery or not.
My question is, can mono cause lower right side pain? I feel kind of sick with a headache and dizziness, but thats normal for me as i have chronic sinus issues which i had surgery for in late november. In the mornings i wake up with a sore throat, but it goes away.
What do you all think?
Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

GracieWasie HB User
Re: Can mono cause lower right side pain??

I had mono when I was 6 years old (I'm 19 now), and it sure seems like I had some lower right sided pain, when I was recovering. And it seems like I was told to be careful of that side for a while, (don't let it get bumped around or anything).

Anyways...I wish I could be more helpful, but I just wanted to let you know that I've gone through the same thing. I hope you feel better right away.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:26 AM   #3
(female)

PonyLover375 HB UserPonyLover375 HB User

hi thanks for answering
Alot has happened since this post... i've tested negative for mono, appendicitis, crohn's disease, celiac disease, gallbladder disease, and we really still have no answers...i go to a gynecologist soon.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
(male)

RMR54 HB User

Hm. Sounds strange.
Stay positive.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

i was just told by my kids doctor..liver and spleen can become swollen..pain could be radiating..no contact sports and check with your doc. make sure your o.k

Closed Thread