It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 05:50 AM   #1
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User
Do I have Mono?

About 5 years ago, I went to the doctor because the glands in my armpits had been swollen for over a week. He did a blood test and asked me if I had been abnormally tired, and I said I was, and he told me it was all because of the EBV he found evidence of in my blood. The symptoms went away after about 6 weeks (except the tiredness. Ever since then, I would get these headaches every day when I would be very tired). I had read about it on the internet, and thought that when it "reactivated", it had the same symptoms as it had the first time. So I had two or three short recurrences of those same symptoms that lasted a couple weeks each time, and I thought it was just the EBV reactivating... until I read last night that usually a reactivation has no symptoms.
Anyway, the reason for this background info is that I got a sore throat about two weeks ago that lasted for about 4 days and didn't turn into anything more. Then during last week, there were a couple of days where I was even more tired than usual. I looked at myself in the mirror one day and I looked like I hadn't slept in days. It was kind of scary how bad I looked. For the next few days, I was extremely tired. I had to go to bed really early one night, and I never go to bed early. And then a couple days ago, the sore throat came back. I've had a sore throat now for about 3 days straight, and I haven't gotten sick. I mean, I usually get a sore throat at the beginning of a cold. But both times in the past few weeks when I've had a sore throat, it seemed like a strange, random occurrance. But this time, it's accompanied by a little bit of a sniffly nose, but not enough to say I was getting a cold, and just a general blah feeling. I'm still really tired, too. A couple of days ago, I was hit with sleepiness so hard that I couldn't keep my eyes open at work, and I started drifting off while I was typing. It was lunch time, so I went out to my car and slept during my lunch break. Another day, I got so tired, I started to feel dizzy. I didn't know if it was directly related until I took an hour-long nap and didn't feel dizzy anymore when I woke up.
The glands in my armpits aren't swollen, though, but the ones on my neck are only a little bit. And I don't have a fever. I haven't taken my temp, but I always know when I have a fever and I don't feel like I do.
Do you think this is Mono? I guess I should call my doctor, but I hate taking time off work to go to the doctor, especially since I already have to take off time from work to see my neurologist next week...
Thanks for any feedback!

Last edited by Krista2882; 03-16-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread