It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 06:33 AM   #1
(male)

Wizzle HB User
"Old Mono"?

Hello all, I was hoping some of you could shed some light on my situation.

For the past 3 months I've been sick, I originally thought it was a dental infection, the doctors told me it was a sinus infection, put me on 2 rounds of antibiotics, when those didn't help they did some blood work, when they got back to me with the results they said that they found "old mono".

I still have symptoms, my main concern is swollen lymph nodes (I'm terrified is cancer), fatigue, I have a general feeling of being out of it, occasional sore throat, headaches almost every morning.

Can "old mono" cause all these symptoms? They didn't say how long ago I actually had it, they did say it can take a while for lymph nodes to go down. I'm just concerned, a bit stressed out and not sure if I should be taking any further steps or just relaxing and seeing how things pan out.

Thanks for your time.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
(male)

Damian81 HB User
Re: "Old Mono"?

Hi Wizzle.

I had mono in october. Right on the first day of symptoms I went to the doctor. I just felt a very subtle pain in the neck when I swallowed, then more symptoms and the typical throat sore, pain in the lymphs, etc. I didn't have fever and the lymphs didn't get swollen. It's not always the same for everybody.

Well, it took a while until the doctors could find out it was mononucleosis. So, after that I relaxed because I was terrified it could be something really bad.

Due to the large amount of antibiotics, my digestive system got ruined and I felt pressure in my bladder, my intestines, etc. and I was very scared because I never had those sypmtoms before. But then, I realized the flora in the intestines was almost eliminated due to the action of so many pills I took over the last months.

So, if you ever feel anything like this, don't get scared.

But if you''re scared because your lymphs get swollen, you shouldn't because that means your lymphs are working properly, fighting against an infection.

A complete blood test will reveal if you still have the Epstein Barr virus. Also, it's important you get some ecography studies on your pancreas, kidneys, liver and spleen, because the spleen plays an important role in the creation of red blood cells (erythrocytes) and the immune system.

Right now, after a week, I have permantent headaches and sometimes nose pain and some times I feel a pain in the lymphs around the neck.

Try to avoid activies which could make you feel tired (sports), drink a lot of water (it helps to clean the body too).

Best,
Damian.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread