It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2011, 02:04 AM   #1
(female)

sick5 HB User
Recurring mono symptoms or HIV?

I was diagnosed with mono 6 months ago. It took me roughly one month to get over, but afterwards I kept getting illnesses of different sorts. About three months ago, I had unprotected sex with someone that I'm not sure knows whether or not he has HIV. He DID give me strep throat which was analyzed on a rapid culture strep test. Since then, I've had another illness that I expect was given to me by my roommate. But this is the kicker...

After getting over the strep and whatever killer cold my roommate gave me, I now have swollen lymph nodes with no other symptoms. I may have had a night sweat, but otherwise there's no coughing, sneezing, mucous, or anything to suggest that I may have contracted another illness.

Is it possible to have swollen lymph nodes from mono by itself months after the infection initially presented and was diagnosed? Or, is it possible that my fears of having contracted an STD (specifically HIV) are plausible... I'm going to find out about getting tested as soon as I can and I've tried contacting the guy I thought may have HIV, but any help or information based on the timeframes of infections and types of illnesses I've had in the past six months could point to either recurring mono symptoms or.. HIV..

Old 09-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #2
(male)

RMR54 HB User
Re: Recurring mono symptoms or HIV?

Usually HIV symptoms don't show up that recent after exposure & since you've had recurring MONO it could be a result of that. Hm. getting a test is the only way to know for sure.
Your symptoms could be a lot of common viruses. But you have been at risk.
have you taken your test? How did it go?

Last edited by RMR54; 09-06-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread