It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
(female)

whittle1 HB User
Unhappy I need help!

So I'm a 24 year old female who was diagnosed with mono back in June 2011 I however have been sick first with what I thought was strep or a virus by my Doctor sometime in December 2010. Didnt swab my throat or test anything just gave me anti biotics... I had no voice for over a month. I got better started working again still had a sore throat but that was it. Then come April I had a sore throat again but worse... noticed I was swollen and my throat felt closed off all the time. was having issues with my stomach i.e. pain mostly lower left and right side just above the navel and I'm still having those pains as well as lower back pain... Got diagnosed with Mono in June after a fun visit to the ER I had almost passed out several times couldnt breathe was completely depleted of any and all energy some nausea. I got a bit better never fully recovered. Here I am in September and I'm a thousand times worse but I dont know if this is Mono or not... I'm extremely nausiated I still have a sore throat have issues with my vision and chest pains still having abdominal pain on both sides sometimes that pain is so bad I'm praying to God I dont pass out from it I've made several trips to the ER with no help... they did a CT on my spleen its fine said my blood counts were fine however I'm having more and more weird things happening to me... Like Hot flashes and again with my throat hurting worse again have a lump on my tonsil I have pains just in the left side that feels like cramps deep muscle cramps usually mid calf and it comes and goes in my arm mid biscep its like a burning sharp muscle pain. I'm so frustrated. I dont even know where to begin to figure out how to fix me. I"m going to get bloodwork done yet again with my doctor and I am going to see an ENT about my throat pains. I dont even know who to go to for my abdominal pain and sevear nausea. I did get tested in May for STD's all came back negative thank God so I really have no clue what to do next I just know I need this solved soon. I am so tired of fighting through this with no help from anyone its been almost a year of being sick like this and I dont know how much more I can take... I just want some answers or suggestions or ideas to run by doctors to test for I dont care I just need to figure this out and get better I'm 24 years old I work at the hospital I am in nursing school I want a life I've only just begun. What do I do????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
(male)

Rick4880 HB User
Re: I need help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittle1 View Post
So I'm a 24 year old female who was diagnosed with mono back in June 2011 I however have been sick first with what I thought was strep or a virus by my Doctor sometime in December 2010. Didnt swab my throat or test anything just gave me anti biotics... I had no voice for over a month. I got better started working again still had a sore throat but that was it. Then come April I had a sore throat again but worse... noticed I was swollen and my throat felt closed off all the time. was having issues with my stomach i.e. pain mostly lower left and right side just above the navel and I'm still having those pains as well as lower back pain... Got diagnosed with Mono in June after a fun visit to the ER I had almost passed out several times couldnt breathe was completely depleted of any and all energy some nausea. I got a bit better never fully recovered. Here I am in September and I'm a thousand times worse but I dont know if this is Mono or not... I'm extremely nausiated I still have a sore throat have issues with my vision and chest pains still having abdominal pain on both sides sometimes that pain is so bad I'm praying to God I dont pass out from it I've made several trips to the ER with no help... they did a CT on my spleen its fine said my blood counts were fine however I'm having more and more weird things happening to me... Like Hot flashes and again with my throat hurting worse again have a lump on my tonsil I have pains just in the left side that feels like cramps deep muscle cramps usually mid calf and it comes and goes in my arm mid biscep its like a burning sharp muscle pain. I'm so frustrated. I dont even know where to begin to figure out how to fix me. I"m going to get bloodwork done yet again with my doctor and I am going to see an ENT about my throat pains. I dont even know who to go to for my abdominal pain and sevear nausea. I did get tested in May for STD's all came back negative thank God so I really have no clue what to do next I just know I need this solved soon. I am so tired of fighting through this with no help from anyone its been almost a year of being sick like this and I dont know how much more I can take... I just want some answers or suggestions or ideas to run by doctors to test for I dont care I just need to figure this out and get better I'm 24 years old I work at the hospital I am in nursing school I want a life I've only just begun. What do I do????
I once had chlamydia of the throat and it didn't show up when I was tested for chlamydia. After months of agony and negative tests I demanded the doctor do a throat swab which he was reluctant to do and that is when I was diagnosed.

Closed Thread