It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #16
(female)

RUFUS100 HB UserRUFUS100 HB UserRUFUS100 HB UserRUFUS100 HB User
Re: Recurring Mono

Hi SOE,
So good to hear from you. I am so glad you made it through your first week. Your headed in the right direction. Just rest when you can and know you may have a bad day but remember the next time you will come back stronger. That is the way it works. Sounds like you did great your first week. Better than I did. Our 12 hour shifts are 7pm to 7am. I just changed jobs but will still be running a lot taking doctor orders off on 4 floors. Same 12 hour midnights but a better job. I just read a couple of articles last night on mono and lasting a long time. There are some cases apparently like mine that last a long time. Up to a year in some cases. The older you are the longer it lasts. I am much better though just the fatigue factor. It is so hard to catch up on rest with 12 hour shifts but we will make it SOE! Please keep in touch. You have fought a long tough battle and you will win!. Let me know how you are doing and have a great week next week. Let me know if you need anything. Have a wonderful weekend.
Rufus

The following user gives a hug of support to RUFUS100:
SOE (05-19-2012)
Old 05-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #17
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User

Thanks Rufus. You are always so encouraging. It's really comforting to know someone going through the same thing. Congratulations on the better job! I hope you have a great week!

P.S., I have read the same thing -- that it could take up to a year. Ugh.

Last edited by SOE; 05-19-2012 at 06:55 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to SOE:
RUFUS100 (05-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #18
(female)

Hi SOE, How are you doing?? Happy thoughts coming your way and hope all is well. Keep your chin up and rest all you can. Let me know how you are doing when you can. Have a good weekend.
Rufus

Old 05-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #19
Facilitator
(female)

Hi Rufus, I was hanging in there all week until today. I treated myself by going out to breakfast and had a waffle. I have felt horrible and exhausted ever since. I suspect it's all the sugar in the syrup making me feel so bad, but it has really caught me off guard. I can't wait to go home and crawl into bed. Have you had that problem with sugar?

Old 05-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #20
(female)

Hi soe, no but you are probably correct about the sugar thing. I am off and just resting. Hot here in ohio next 3 days. Just rest this holiday weekend if you can. Rest is the best medicine right now. Remember, keep your chin up, things will get better. Let me know how you are doing.
Rufus

Old 05-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #21
Facilitator
(female)

Hi Rufus,

Friday was a rough day. I don't think I'll eat sugar like that again for a long time. It was a half day for me at work, so I went home and slept for the rest of the day and night. I hate that feeling of being so tired and sick you just want to sleep. The rest of the weekend has not been too bad. I hope you are right about the one step back, two steps forward.

How are you feeling? Did you get to take the holiday off?

Old 05-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #22
Facilitator
(female)

Hi Rufus,

Friday was a rough day. I don't think I'll eat sugar like that again for a long time. It was a half day for me at work, so I went home and slept for the rest of the day and night. I hate that feeling of being so tired and sick you just want to sleep. The rest of the weekend has not been too bad. I hope you are right about the one step back, two steps forward.

How are you feeling? Did you get to take the holiday off?

Old 05-29-2012, 05:56 AM   #23
(female)

Hi soe, yes, i was off the holiday but went back last night. 2 more 12 hour shifts to go. Yes i am right about 1 step back and 2 forward. Just keep resting when you can. That is what your body needs to heal and it will heal. Keep your chin up and hang in there soe. Hope your week goes good. Let me know. Have a good day.
Rufus

Old 05-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #24
Facilitator
(female)

I'm so frustrated. Yesterday started out well, but by the late afternoon I was wiped out. I went to bed at 8 pm and still woke up exhausted. Don't know how I am going to make it through work today. 7 hours to go.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #25
(female)

Hi soe,
sorry i did not see your message till now. I .know it is frustrating but you have to hang in there. If you have to miss a day or 2 more at first going back to work i say it is ok. It is hard to recover from mono. Hopefully, you have a good employer that understands. They cut how many incidents we can have in a year at our hospital so i went back to soon but had no choice. Things will get better but it will take time. Are you still taking vitamins?? Rest and eat well also. Let me know how you are doing. You will get better soe. Have a good rest of the day.
Rufus

SOE (06-02-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #26
Facilitator
(female)

I'm still super tired, but at least don't feel nausea/sick. I was in bed every night this week before 8 pm. Some nights 7. It seems the only way to through this is to go to bed whenever I'm not working. How are you feeling? I hope you are getting through your 12 hour shifts ok.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #27
(female)

Hi soe, good to hear from you. You make it though the week. Yeah!! Just rest when you can that is the key. I have been pureeing apples, peaches and pears in the blender and putting in my favorite greek fat free yogurt. Wow, it is good and i feel better the more fruit i eat. There must be some vitamin in there i am missing. You might want ot try that even though you take vitamins. Just hang in there and keep your chin up. You will get through this. I am tired today for some reason. I think a lot is 12 hour midnights. I stay on the same schedule when i am off. What a life i lead. Lol take care and rest and eat good. Keys to success with this. Please let me know how you are soe.
Rufus

SOE (06-02-2012)
Closed Thread