It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
(female)

INF4NTRY HB User
Dizziness After Mono?

Hello. After noticing fatigue/tiredness and swelling in my lymph nodes, I was diagnosed with Mono in January. However, the doctor at the ER said that the mono probably entered my body sometime in late December. In March, I noticed that the symptoms of my mono began to fade. I had my usual energy and was able to go to the gym on a daily basis.

However, within the past month, I am noticing daily dizziness and occasional pain in my left armpit (where the swelling occurred). However, I can no longer feel the lump where my lymph nodes were swollen. I am concerned about my dizziness. Everytime I get up from sitting down, it feels as if I'm swaying (like my equilibrium is off) and whenever I begin to exert energy (cleaning, walking, etc.) I always feel dizzy. This is starting to affect my daily life, as I feel a bit depressed and can not work out as I usually do. Is this normal and has anyone else experienced this about 4-5 months after being diagnosed with mono? Thank you!

Old 05-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: Dizziness After Mono?

I don't have a lot of the dizziness you have, but I wanted to tell you that I have/had mono with no swelling of my lymph nodes.

I have read almost everything I can about mono on the internet and they say that it can come back if you are not careful about resting. I also read that alcohol can bring it right back. Depending on your age and health before mono, I have read that it can take a year to truly recover. I'm hoping that is not the case, but I'm going to go very slowly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread