It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
(female)

kermitt26 HB User
Unhappy Uhhh...

I had mono last year around December and it lasted for about three weeks. It was diagnosed with a blood test, which was awful. My doctor told me that I might have some scar tissue in my lymph nodes on the back/side of my neck.
Recently, I was feeling the left back/side of my neck and I felt a hard bump. It's kind of small, probably about the size of a quarter. I don't remember if it was there since I had mono, or if it is new.
I smoke cigarettes, probably about 3-4 cigarettes a day. It takes me like two weeks to finish a pack. I have been playing doctor and looking up my symptoms and I'm totally freaking out because I don't want to have a tumor.
I HATE NEEDLES. So I REALLY don't want to go to the doctor because they are going to stick me with a needle and that CAN'T happen. Anything similar to this? Should I just toughen up and go?

Old 09-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: Uhhh...

Just go the doctor and find out what's going on. It could be nothing, but you are torturing yourself. Just go do it.

Take care and let us know what the doctor says.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
mono, neck bump