It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
(male)

Votto4mvp44 HB User
PLEASE HELP!!! burning sensation in throat MONTHS after MONO

okay so bare with me please. i am 17 years old i turn 18 in 2 months and a couple months ago( begining of the summer) i was with my friend taking bong rips he was really sick and the saliva got in me and got me sick. i felt terrible had fever vomiting and i couldnt swallow anything not even my own saliva . i was stuck in bed. i went to the doc and found out i had mono. about a week or so later all my symptoms went away and i was slowly able to swallow. this is where it gets interesting now...

since i felt better, i decided to start smoking again. EVERYTIME i smoke anything it burns so bad in my throat something i never felt prior to being sick. i smoked for a month straight with very bad burning sensation so i saw multiple doctors again and they all said i had post-nasal drip and my last doctor which i visited today looked all the way inside my throat and said near my voice box it is all red and inflamed. i had allergies as well so i have been taking medication for that but he said this redness can last several weeks. he said i should tilt my head when i sleep because of the acid reflux that can be inflamming my throat.

my question is, this has been going on for months, my whole throat is inflamed and red and i have NOT been able to smoke which is KILLING me. i know you guys will say dont smoke just quit it i know its bad but i love smoking its my choice and im just getting depressed everyday because i havent been able to smoke knowing if i do it will just make my throat worse- not to mention it hurts really bad so whats the point in doing it if i cant even enjoy myself ? how long will this crap last ? i feel fine and normal except when i smoke and i hate this..someone please give me some advice..gargling and drinking honey etc isnt doing anything ive tried it all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: PLEASE HELP!!! burning sensation in throat MONTHS after MONO

This may be a stupid question, but did you tell the doctor that smoking always made it worse? Did he/she have an answer to that? I never had the sore throat or swollen glands with mono. My big symptom was/is the fatigue.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
(male)

Votto4mvp44 HB User

yes i told the doc they jus said its my bodys way of saying it hurts..i been to the doc many times its pointless

Old 10-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Sorry. Hang in there.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
(male)

Votto4mvp44 HB User

got any advice? this has been hurting when i smoke weed for MONTHS..like violent dry burn ...only when i smoke weed not even cigarettes

Old 10-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

I think you need to stop smoking until you are healed. I imagine every time you smoke you are just setting back your healing so it's just going to take longer to get well.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
(male)

Votto4mvp44 HB User

so you think something like this will heal? just answer these please

-this started in begining of june so its been 6 months why hasnt it healed although i DID smoke everyday with the pain ...

- how come this is from weed and cigarettes dont burn?

i can swallow fine and everything .no other symptoms ..but it BURNS really bad to smoke..how long can something like this take?its throat area. i also feel like clearing my throat all the time

Old 10-24-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

I'm not an expert, but I would have to guess you are not going to heal as long as you keep smoking. Just stop until you get well.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
(male)

Votto4mvp44 HB User

okay well..the thing is how will i know when i have gotten better? i mean like i said this burn occurs only when i smoke weed ...it burns really bad in my throat..so i can wait as long as i like but i wouldnt know when its healed unless i try to smoke...and if it hurts that will complicate things even more!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #10
(female)

BFGuru HB User

Mono can have symptoms for up to a year. He patient with your body. And remember, you only have one chance to heal properly. I wouldn't even do cigarettes until healed because the damage both does is more your body has to work to get through mono. And while we are taking away all luxuries to this damn disease...alcohol affect the liver more so while dealing with mono and caffeine somehow affects...I don't remember what, but I know I get horrendous stomach pains when I consume it. My life is pretty bland rut now.

Closed Thread