It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
(female)

pinky10275 HB User
Unhappy Mono Weird symptoms

I was diagnosed with mono at the beginning of August 2012. Unfortunately I was on vacation at the time and spent most of my time in bed or at the hospital. They did ct scan on my head & chest, ekg and 11 vials of bloodwork and found nothing. When I came home my doctor tested me for mono and the spot test was positive.I have had strange symptoms from the beginning and am curious to know if anyone else has had this experience. I would wake up in the middle of the night and my face would be numb. I would have this strange sensation in ny face all day and my mouth would get completley dry.My throat only hurt occassionally and I would have burning sensations in my head. I did sleep alot & always felt like I was drunk. I was off work for 3 weeks and have been backnsince September. There are days where I am ok but 2 months later and I am still always feeling out of it & exhausted in the evening. I had a d& c for a miscarriage back in june and I can't help but wonder if recovering from that on top of mono made it worse? Lately my cheeks feel this weird pressure, it is hard to explain. Somedays I feel like I am never going to get better, so scary! I see my dr next week and I don't know if I should push for more testing, I am worried why it is taking so long!

Old 10-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: Mono Weird symptoms

I don't know about the other symptoms, but the fatigue can last for months -- even a year. Good luck with the doctor and take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
mononucleosis