It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
(female)

BFGuru HB User
Am I getting sick again?

Mid December I got a cold. It lasted about two weeks and then I got slammed again, so bad that I went to the doctor where I was Dx with influenza and bronchitis. Set up with Tamiflu for me and the kids and we all slept...a lot. Two days later I start itching. Real bad. I break out in a rash. I'm so exhausted I can't keep my eyes open for more than an hour, and I'm back to the doctor. Initially he thought allergic reaction. I have kids with multiple allergies and I myself get hives and have had an anaphylactic reaction. I knew it wasn't an allergy. He goes...we can test for strep. I said, does this really look like a strep rash? He said no. Ran a bunch of labs. Gave me a steroid shot and prednisone and set up a follow up two days later. Labs showed mono. I was in bed rest for two weeks. Started feeling better, but I still get exhausted real easily, which I know is part of it. Today, my nose started running again and my throat is a little sore. The sinus congestion is starting to hurt in my right side of my face, and I am devastated. I can't be getting worse again can I? Or is this yet ANOTHER virus attacking my body? I'm just so frustrated right now. And am out of time off at work, so I won't be getting paid anymore after this week, and yet...I feel miserable all over again.

On top of this, my 9 year old started emitting symptoms today. His glands look far more swollen than mine ever did and the poor kid complains of a stomach ache non stop. I personally have lost about 17 lbs in three weeks since getting mono, so now I'm scared, I'm getting very ill again on top of knowing he is going to need me. Given, he sleeps a lot, but those tiny spurts of energy he gets are brutal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread