It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #1
(male)

Ludicrous HB User
Mono, or something else? Depression and fatigue.

17 year old male here. Over a year ago I was diagnosed mono, but I never had any swelling or pain in my throat/neck nor any infection. This is making me ponder the question if I might've had something else with similar symptoms? Only a blood test that showed that I had had mono was there to prove it, nothing while I had it and nothing other than that after I had it. I did also spend a week previously to that in a hospital bed while they took close to fifty bloodtests, took pictures of my liver (which was swollen but later shrunk down to regular size a year after), and put a camera down my throat and up my rectum.
The reason why I'm wondering this is that while not as severe as before, I am now still, over a year after I had it, depressed and fatigued. This is having bad results on both my studies and my social life. Being here obviously shows I am hesitant to go to a doctor, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
Might be related to my diabetes mellitus 1 diagnose.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: Mono, or something else? Depression and fatigue.

I think you should go to a doctor, but that being said, it could still be the mono. I was diagnosed a year ago and I still have fatigue and muscle weakness. That seems fairly common -- and I have another friend who is past the one year mark, but is still tired.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread