It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2003, 04:54 PM   #1

gordon65 HB User
question for the board concerning white spots

I suffered a head trauma 6 months ago and I have been having many problems that caused me to seek medical attention beyond the ER. Work done: Initial CAT Scan, MRI, CAT Scan focused on Sinus. Symptoms: disequilibrium / balance issues, fatigue-becomes extreme after exercise, trouble visually tracking moving objects... to name a few. I initially thought this was due to the head trauma possibly post concussion syndrome. Found during my MRI were severe sinus infections that seem to have been around for years. They put me on antibiotics that seemed to clear up the sinus but the disequilibrium remained. Sometimes better sometimes worse.

Here is my concern for the MS board. My last visit to the Neuro he mentioned to me that I should not be startled or concerned but there were white spots on my brain. He said this was common and will not cause me problems. A friend that does brain injury rehab told me white spots were often an indication of MS. My general practitioner as well as the neuro department all evaluated my scans and no one seems concerned. Do white spots have to be in a certain area of the brain to cause concern pertaining to MS? I used to be quite active in athletics and was able to work long hours. I am becoming very depressed feeling as if I am becoming disabled.

Sorry for such a long dissertation.

Thanks in advance for any responses,

G

Closed Thread