It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2004, 07:43 AM   #1

4suzanne HB User
how would you describe tingling vs numbness

I have had tingling or pins and needless for months now. Today my face feels cold and numb. Hard to describe. I am wondering how you would describe it.

Old 10-25-2004, 08:51 AM   #2
(female)

abcwangfoo HB User
Re: how would you describe tingling vs numbness

Hi,I have like hot sensations,in fingers&hands.Its like ,when your foot falls aleep.I,have not been DX-ed,MS; so I don't know about those,that,have. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2004, 09:14 AM   #3

4suzanne HB User

Thanks for the response. Funny but mine feels more like cold - kind of like I am frozen. (maybe that is what botox feels like - lol). Good luck with your dx. I have my mri on thursday so I too am waiting for a dx

Old 10-26-2004, 03:32 PM   #4
Veteran

baddoey HB User

I have tingles and burning, almost like a have a mild sunburn. I rub my hands quite a bit. and numbness in some areas. . sometimes I have facial numbness - sometimes just my right eyelid or in my toes. .

Old 10-27-2004, 09:10 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

kirafaye HB User

I have numbness in ym fingers...and they generally feel cold...I also had pins and needles down my right side and man did that hurt....first appearnce of the thought to be MS (not diagnosed yet...) The numbness I woudl say feels like nothing...I can;t pick things up cause I can;t feel where the hell the are...I once tried to cut my finger off cause I had the blade te wrong way aroudn and couldn;t feel it and every mornign now I have a fun game of where is ur hadn...cause I can't feel where my arm is. As for the pins and needles...liek when ur foots asleep...it is hard to explain in words hey?!

Old 10-27-2004, 09:13 AM   #6

4suzanne HB User

Thanks for the reply. My fingers also feel cold and numb. I have had trouble picking up things but not all of the time. I have my mri tomorrow so hopefully I will get some answers. Good luck to you.

Old 10-27-2004, 09:17 AM   #7

Dessell HB User

Hello,
I think everyone has different feelings and describe them in diff ways,,but they are probably the same in some way.The only way I can tell if I have numbness is if I pinch myself,sometimes I can feel it and sometimes not.I have like electrical shocks in hands,face,hips and back that come suddenly,some feel like hundreds of bee stings.Wish you well,Dessell

Old 10-27-2004, 09:17 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

kirafaye HB User

yeah I always have the nubmness....had it for 6 yrs...I;'v adapted ways to pick up things...liek I have to see thigsn visually so I can pick them up first....big opjects are ok liek I drop objects often...but I can;t feel the objects so unless I'm lookign at them I can not even fidn them.... good luck I hope everythign turns out well...

Old 10-30-2004, 10:33 AM   #9

4suzanne HB User

Well I had my mri this week and now I am waiting for results. Strange but I am worried that they will tell me that it looks fine and they still don't know what is wrong - then I will really feel like a hypocondriac! This waiting is killing me - so stressful. It seems like you are experiencing the same thing. Thanks for your reply.
This is whole thing is pretty scary. My right hand and foot feel numb all the time, I can use them but they just feel so strange.

Old 10-30-2004, 04:01 PM   #10
(female)

franstranges HB User

Maybe i am all off but, do you know the feeling after you have hit your funny bone? Not the initial hit but the ackward almost painful feeling that lingers after a few minutes? But i only get that in my legs and wrists. And i dont go for my mri till december, so i am not dx with ms. Just have the ON, vertigo (not often) and the weird sensations.
Sorry if this didnt help
Ciao
francesca

Last edited by franstranges; 10-30-2004 at 04:02 PM.

Old 10-31-2004, 04:01 PM   #11

RachK HB User

Hmm - Im probably going to make this even more confusing but I'll do my best to explain my perception of tingling and numbness sensations that I have experienced.

The tingling i've experienced is almost exactly like "pins and needles" caused by sleeping with your arm in a wierd position for example. The difference is that in a relapse for me it will continue to feel that way for 4-6 weeks and then disappear gradually over a few days.

The numbness for me is way more wierd! The skin feels numb until I get into a warm bath and then it feels freezing cold. I've also had it the other way round where it feels numb but also kind of hot and tight, almost like sunburn and cold water makes it feel more so. Ive also had what they call the MS hug where ive felt like i have an elasticated band around my ribs for weeks at a time.

I am bizarre sensory symptom woman!

Hope this helps
Cheers
Rach

Old 10-31-2004, 04:01 PM   #12

Slwm HB User

Incase you haven't read up really good on Pernicious Anemia/Subacute combined degeneration Low or no B12 I will tell you that some symptoms are simular to MS. I thought I had MS until my 5th doctor found out it was pernicious anemia. Without B12 you loose the protective covering on each and every nerve in the body. I was unable to absorb B12 through my diet so I also take shots and will for the rest of my life. Not too bad though, it's only once a month now and it is very cheep. I buy a bottle that lasts me a year and give the shots to myself for a yearly cost of about $20 at most. If someone has any other nerve problem I would advise that they take B12 just incase there is a chance it will help. Some of the symptoms I had were:
Couldn't concentrate, short term memory loss, stuttering, burning tongue, vertigo, numbness, tingeling, heart skipping beats irregularly, fast vision changes. bladder infections due to dying nerves in the bladder muscle, and many more I would rather not go into. Good luck to you and take care the best you can.

Old 10-31-2004, 07:13 PM   #13

4suzanne HB User

Every little bit of knowledge helps. What you describe is exactly what I am experiencing. Thanks and good luck and good health.

Closed Thread