It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2004, 08:23 PM   #1

Slwm HB User
Pernicious Anemia may be the problem not MS

Incase you haven't read up really good on Pernicious Anemia/Subacute combined degeneration Low or no B12 I will tell you that some symptoms are simular to MS. I thought I had MS until my 5th doctor found out it was pernicious anemia. The first 4 doctors told me I was depressed and needed counseling. Without B12 you loose the protective covering on each and every nerve in the body. I was unable to absorb B12 through my diet so I also take shots and will for the rest of my life. Not too bad though, it's only once a month now and it is very cheep. I buy a bottle that lasts me a year and give the shots to myself for a yearly cost of about $20 at most. If someone has any other nerve problem I would advise that they take B12 just incase there is a chance it will help. Some of the symptoms I had were:
Couldn't concentrate, short term memory loss, stuttering, burning tongue, Tremmors, vertigo, numbness, tingeling, heart skipping beats irregularly, fast vision changes. bladder infections due to dying nerves in the bladder muscle, and many more I would rather not go into. The symptoms can start so slow you don't realize it's happening. Get the blood test if you are having any of the symptoms of MS or things I have mentioned before you spend a fortune on MRIs and CT scans like they did me. Good luck to you and take care the best you can

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2004, 04:20 AM   #2
(female)

Jacquie23 HB User
Re: Pernicious Anemia may be the problem not MS

Thanks ^_^

How is the shots working are you feeling better? Is it fast or gradual recovery?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2004, 07:32 PM   #3

Slwm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquie23
Thanks ^_^

How is the shots working are you feeling better? Is it fast or gradual recovery?
They are working wonderfully. The healing was gradual, but I could tell it was working in pretty quick time. My condition had worsened for a long time and a lot of damage was done. It took over a year before I stopped seeing improvement. The Dr. told me it would be slow. If It hasn't gotten too bad I'm sure a person could feel better soon. Life is good though. I enjoy life again and am almost !00% I slso had headaches but they were from the worry and stress of what was happening and no one believing me. I thought they would let me die without even believing me.

Old 11-26-2004, 09:10 PM   #4

Slwm HB User

Jacquie23, Be absolutely sure your doctor tested for B12 and get word back about it yes or no. Don't just wait thinking they would get back with you if it were OK. If it is Pernicious anemia you don't want any more damage done. Once my face started going numb my whole body was numb within a coulple of months. I say numb but not really. There was tingling, pins and needles, and cold sensations but I could not feel pain or pleasure. Way too many symptoms to list here but the longer you have them the more damage will be done and may not go away. I would love to hear back

Closed Thread