It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2004, 09:51 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

Benzi HB User
Does MS cause bad headache

Just wondering if MS can cause bad headaches I don't find this anywhere on WWW maybe some of you with MS can enlighten me?

Old 11-18-2004, 02:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User
Re: Does MS cause bad headache

i have had horrible headaches at certain point from ones related to ON to migraine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2004, 05:49 AM   #3

Dessell HB User

Hi Benzi and Sunshine,
I have migranes and if I miss a pill,(amitripylin) it gets horribly worse.Im not sure ms is the cause,there are so many other things to cause a headache.Wish you well,Dessell

Old 11-19-2004, 11:38 AM   #4

anseay HB User

There are mixed opions about the headaches. I've talked to some people with ms and they have no headaches and I talked to other who have them bad. For me I would be fine and in 5 seconds I would be on the floor. I for one for 6 months was getting toradol 60mg shots with phenagren kickers for the headaches, then I was started on amitriplyin and indomicine at night for mine. Now I only take the amitriplyin at night and I still get them. Sometimes the best thing is a ice pack for them. My headaches are isolated and are always in the same area. I grew up with miagrain and what I'm having is not a miagrain. I've posted before wondering if there is a coralation between the headaches and brain leison and no one responded. An ms mystery!

Old 11-19-2004, 02:36 PM   #5

Dessell HB User

Hi anseay,
I take the amatripylin nightly also,,it does'nt fully get rid of my migrane,,but it does relieve it,before I took it,,I ate so many Bayer asprin that it tore up my stomach,lol,Wish you well,Dessell

Old 11-20-2004, 07:11 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

i have been getting horrible headaches since i have been on the shots,, i have had different ones, and copaxone is the only one so far that i didn;t have headaches with,, now i am on my 3rd month of betaseron and my headaches are getting worse,, so personally i don;t think the MS causes the headaches i thinks these damn abc drugs do.

Closed Thread