It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2004, 11:34 AM   #1
(female)

tammy1970 HB User
Unhappy ms? can anyone help put my mind at ease?thanx

Hi, my name is tammy 6yrs ago i had dizzy spells, and right sided headaches, and my vision would go blurry, ona and off blurring. Doc send me for mri of the brain, came back with lesions, waited six months and went for another, lesions lighter, some gone, some new ones noted, neurologist said there was not enough symptoms to diagnose as ms, said i was released from him but if in the future something comes up they'll take it from there, new insurance new med dr. 5 yrs later, i get shoulder pain and my right hand and fingers go numb, go to my fam dr, he orders neck x ray, and nerve test both negative still pain in shoulder and arm joint on certain movement, not a constant pain just if i move the wrong way. said to dr, i had spots on my brain 5yrs ago, do u think something is kicking in with this happening.......basically ignored me ........so the numbness eventually went away over time......... now a yr later i get the numbness again in both hands and shoulder pain more prominant, go to dr. sends me for an mri of the spine with and without contrast, well they didnt do the contrast cause i had too late of an appt and the radiologist left for the day........said they would call if needed, well my fam doc calls and says they want to do spine with contrast and brain with and without contrast............ now im a nervous wreck, i asked her did they find something she said it says here more conclusive studies........ i said did they see a tumor shes like it doesnt say....i said did they find lesios, she said it doesnt say, i said well i know i have them on my brain...(my new dr. i guess doesnt know this).......... so now i have to sit and worry for 2 wks, there on vacation next week..........i go for the mri's on thursday, im a nervous wreck not knowing.......but i keep thinking if it was something more serious they would have followed me up with the fill in dr. and not have me wait, im sure everyone knows how the mind takes over on things like this............... did anyone have anything similar??? i more so frear a tumor then ms...........im thinking they saw lesions on the spine so requested the brain mri............. cause y else would they (radiologist) request a brain mri, any response will be apprectiated.........did anyone have the neck then brain repeat................................ thank you in advance oops forgot to mention i have the shock like feeling when i bend my head (chin to chest) which looking it up says can be caused by ms......

Last edited by tammy1970; 11-26-2004 at 11:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2004, 03:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
Re: ms? can anyone help put my mind at ease?thanx

hi tammy, so sorry to hear of your troubles. Im april, 23 from england. waiting mri, it is scary, especially the thought of ms, if you want to chat im here x

Old 11-26-2004, 04:50 PM   #3
(female)

tammy1970 HB User

hi april, thank you.......... u'r waiting for u'r mri also? did they tell u what there looking for? ur symptoms? i wish they would have told me and not make me wait 2 wks............. im 34, thanks for u'r response

Old 11-28-2004, 04:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

no, he said the symptoms are like ms but be very surpried to see it on mri as he dont think i got it but just giving mri to be safe than sorry then if neg i will be reffered to a rheumitoligisst for fibro checks xx

Old 11-29-2004, 09:56 AM   #5

Jenn100 HB User

Tammy1970,
I, too, have had similar symptoms. I went to the hospital with blurred vision, numbness, pins and needles and had an MRI and was told I had lesions that looked like MS. Soon after I had a lyme test by a lyme literate MD and I was dx with Lyme disease. I started treatment for Lyme about 3 weeks after my first MRI. My blurry vision cleared within a week on antibiotics. That was this past June. I, too, had another MRI 3 months after my first one and most of my lesions no longer enhance and are not seen. No new lesions appear. I would recommend getting tested for Lyme disease. It would be best to see a LLMD. You can go on the lyme disease board and see if someone knows of a dr. in your area. Lyme and other diseases can cause lesions on the brain. I'm going to have another MRI in a few weeks just to keep an eye on things. Good luck to you. It's best to rule out all other things.

Old 11-29-2004, 12:43 PM   #6
(female)

tammy1970 HB User

hi jen, thanks for u'r response, i was tested last time for lymes disease, it was negative...........i havent been tested this time....... my blurred vision comes and goes....... still a week or so to see whats going on.......... thank you

Closed Thread