It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2004, 08:00 AM   #1
(female)

angie81 HB User
Weird things

I was dx on monday the 22nd with ms and I have done alot of reserch on MS and I an just a little confused. On the national ms site they said that a symptom of ms was low sex drive which i have had for about three years when i had my daughter. But when i asked my neuro doc he said that he has never heard of this. I have been to my GP and he just keeps changing my birth control which does not help at all. The n i went to my ob/gyn and he also did the same thing. So I am just a little confused just wondering if any others with MS has had this same thing if so please let me know. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 years and had an awesome sex life until then. He says that it does not bother him but come on he is a guy and I feel horrible but once we do get started everything is fine. Also just wanted to know if anyone with MS is cold all the time even in the summer when it is 90 degrees I still can be cold just wondering please help.

Old 11-27-2004, 12:42 PM   #2

Dessell HB User
Re: Weird things

Hello angie,
I believe alot of peeps with ms have a low sex drive,I know I do.I could be a nun today,lol,,but I am married for 15 years,and I just do what alot of women do,even those without ms,,Fake it,lol.I know its not funny,but thats how I deal with alotTo your other question,I sometimes get a cold chill,but when its summer and humid,I just get very fatiqued.I pray you find a way to deal with all this,don't give up.Wish you well,
Dessell

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
(male)

tkdted HB User
Lightbulb Re: Weird things

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie81
I was dx on monday the 22nd with ms and I have done alot of reserch on MS and I an just a little confused. On the national ms site they said that a symptom of ms was low sex drive which i have had for about three years when i had my daughter. But when i asked my neuro doc he said that he has never heard of this. I have been to my GP and he just keeps changing my birth control which does not help at all. The n i went to my ob/gyn and he also did the same thing. So I am just a little confused just wondering if any others with MS has had this same thing if so please let me know. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 years and had an awesome sex life until then. He says that it does not bother him but come on he is a guy and I feel horrible but once we do get started everything is fine. Also just wanted to know if anyone with MS is cold all the time even in the summer when it is 90 degrees I still can be cold just wondering please help.

Old 02-02-2005, 12:27 PM   #4
(male)

tkdted HB User

Hi Angie,
I have progressive ms and I have started to get a low sex drive, also my feet and legs are allways cold.
My Doctor does not know why and al he tells me is to keep them warm.
So much for medical science.
Take care
tkdted

Old 02-02-2005, 12:29 PM   #5
(male)

tkdted HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdted
Hi Angie,
I have progressive ms and I have started to get a low sex drive, also my feet and legs are allways cold.
My Doctor does not know why and al he tells me is to keep them warm.
So much for medical science.
Take care
tkdted

Old 02-02-2005, 10:02 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Arraicha HB User

Well, my sex drive certainly hasn't been low during the 4 years I've had MS! But then again, I'm freshly out of my teens so I suppose that compensates.

If you say that your sex drive went down after having your daughter, I'm tempted to say that childbirth may have more to do with your low sex drive than MS. It's very common for women to have a lower sex drive after giving birth, because of hormonal changes, of the stress of having to fullfill both the role of a mother and a lover and of the stress that having a child can cause. Plus, if you add your physical MS symptoms (ex. fatigue, numbness, difficulty in moving), it doesn't really give you the urge to get it on, now does it? Low sex drive is more often than not a psychological issue, so perhaps consulting a psychologist or sexologist may be more efficiant than a medical doctor.

As for always being cold, I have that too, it's quite awful. However, I've been told that it's not associated with my MS.

Closed Thread