It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2004, 04:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
every ones first symptom?

could i ask what evry ones first symptom? start new thread? how do you know if you have ms or fibro apart from having mri etc? whats the difference? im waiting for mri, long wait in uk!!! ive been stuck with my symptoms for 14 months , aprilx

Old 11-30-2004, 05:32 PM   #2

polishkittycat HB User
Re: every ones first symptom?

my first symptom was an awful pressure headache and after a month and a half the "vibrating", tingling and numbness started.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2004, 06:06 AM   #3

Dessell HB User

Hi,
I have had symptoms for years and did'nt realize it was serious until I had unbareable back pain 4 years ago,thats what sent me to the doc.
Wish you well,
Dessell

Old 12-01-2004, 07:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User

my first flare-up consisted of ON in my left eye that developed over 2 weeks, left-sided facial numbness including my tongue, weakness in my left leg with numbness in both legs from my thighs down to my toes.

has anyone else had symptoms that were restricted to one side of the body?

Old 12-01-2004, 07:38 PM   #5
(female)

angie81 HB User

My first symptom was ON also and actually I had been having MS symptoms for a long time but didnt know it. My ON was in my left eye also and my face and tounge was numb. Wow that is kinda strange atleast I know that someone else has it to. I just found out on the 22nd and Felt like i was alone. What was your next symptom Sunshine149. how long did it take for you to have another attack? if i could ask you. April I hope that you will find out everything soon waiting is what kills you so bad just the worrying. Take care of yourself and know that you are not alone.
Angie

Old 12-01-2004, 07:52 PM   #6

bgdmoore HB User

My first symptom was passing out at work and shortness of breath. Then I started having all the symptoms of a heart attack. They did all the lab test including the cardo cath for heart attack. Then since I have a history of asthma I had to go through pulmonary testing. All the while I continued to pass out. Then other symptoms started. The numbness, burning, tightness around the mid area,weakness, fatique. It took a year and a half to fiqure out I had MS. My MRI showed lesions. My spinial tap was negative. I went for a second opion. The second neuro is the one who gave me my dx.

Old 12-02-2004, 08:07 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User

hi angie,

i was diagnosed 7 years ago. that first flare-up was pretty major (hospitalized for 5 days) and it took me several months to get back to normal. then about a year later i had a severe vertigo attack that required IV steroids again. the first lesions showed during this attack.

since then i've had things here and there. one persistent symptom i have is nystagmus (an eye jerking thing) and fatigue. this past summer i had some facial and leg numbess again that required two courses of oral steroids. i have opted NOT to take any of current drugs on the market for MS other than using oral steroids. it seems that i'm averaging 1-2 steroids treatments a year.

in may i began acupuncture treatment and have had good luck with it, although at first, it did seem to make things worse. i have added herbal treatment to this along with exercise and eating better!

i am still working full time and have a pretty active social life. i'm a writer, have a boyfriend and a cat!

that's probably more than you needed to know about me!

tell me about your symptoms...

Old 12-02-2004, 10:03 AM   #8
(female)

angie81 HB User

Hi sunshine
I don't really have alot of symptoms yet other than the ON and facial numbness and oh yeah the FATIGUE. That is probably my biggest symptom. other than being clumsy all the time to. What type of herbal treatment are you doing? I also have a boyfriend and a daughter and 2 cats. I also go to school and have about a year and a half left and then i will be a nurse so hopefully i will be healthy to work then. If you don't mind me asking you why aren't you using the current drugs for MS? How often does your attacks come? Sorry so many questions!
Angie

Old 12-02-2004, 11:17 AM   #9

pkinney HB User

Greetings.

It's been forever since I have been on these boards. My first symptom was too ON in my left eye. Darn left side. That was coupled with sensations of hot or cold or wet areas in my left leg. This occurred in 1998, that is also when I was diagnosed.

In February of this year I endured paralysis of my left side. It took me months to get back to normal. OK, I was NEVER normal. And I still have fatigue, tingling and clumbsiness. But actually lead a very full and productive life. I have a wonderful hubby, terrific daughter, two dogs and a really busy job.

Thanks to all of you who helped me through the rough days. It is my hope that I can help you through your tough times.

God Bless.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:50 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User

Hi angie,

i don't mind the questions at all. i have chosen not to take current drug treatments for mostly philosophical reasons. when i researched them, it sounded like more risk than benefit to me. and i have another X factor, Type I Diabetes. i got that when i was 9 years old. copaxone was the drug that was being prescibes, ok, i'll say pushed, when i was first diagnosed with MS and it was actually not recommended for diabetics. i actually consider diabetes to be more "serious," certainly more fatal than MS so it's important to me to take care of my diabetes.

the herbal treatment i'm taking is called Shen Ling Bai Zhu Pian. i believe it can only be prescibed through a certified Chinese herbalist. it is composed of a variety of tree barks and fungi not native to the U.S. it is very gentle to the system and is suppose to support energy.

it seems that i have a flare-up about twice a year. sometimes less than that. it has never been as severe (physically) as the first one that brought the daignosis. Psychologically is different matter...

i'm so glad to hear that you are continuing school. i wish for you all the energy you need to continue! (and then some) fatigue is such a bummer!

Old 12-03-2004, 01:14 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi all, thanks for brilliant replys to this post. Hopefully it will carry on for bit. You have probably read of my symptoms already, if you want to know any thing just ask. My symptoms are alot like fibromylagia too, very much so!!! my aches and pains are bad at moment as its freezing in england. My neck and shoulders are hurting loads at moment and i have fatigue, but then i would be tired having 14 month little boy!! angie, like you said, its the waiting that kills you, id cope if i had a label for whats wrong but i havent yet, very frustrated!!! can i ask ladys a personal question? does any one have tingling and sometimes itching in there private regions? i have yhis bad, doctors cant find any think apart from group b strep which has no symptoms!! its obviously what ever is wrong with me causing it. Another place i tingle alot is left shoulder blade, small patch!!! thanks guys xxxapril x

Old 12-05-2004, 09:20 PM   #12

anseay HB User

Hi Everybody////
My first symptoms from ms was actually I could get my urine flow to start this was around 2000. Then here comes the left side thing. Numbness to the left arm and leg then the balance to the left11/2002. I couldn't even walk straight, yeap to the left. Thank the lord someone invented walls! Headaches started 8/15/2003. weakness 9/2003 Trimmers started 11/2003. Balance major problem by 12/2003. Fired 1/2004. Balance major problem for my job, working with heights and controling tools.

Closed Thread