It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2004, 11:08 PM   #1
(male)

hoosierkid HB User
Question about MRI results

After having several weeks of blurred vision, dizzy spells and feeling off balance my local doctor sent me to a MRI center to have an MRI done of my ears and brain. My blood pressure had been checked for several weeks and was fine and I had blood work done also. I got the test results back and the doctor is now sending me to see a neurologist along with the films. One of the MRI findings stated: A few foci of signal abnormality in the centrum semiovale are present and may either represent a demyelinating process as plaque formation or ischemic change. The nurse told me that this could mean I may be starting to develop MS. Can anyone tell me for sure what this might mean? Does this mean I most likely have ms? I have appointment with neurologist next week and am a little worried about this. So any suggestions or comments you can give me about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2004, 10:06 AM   #2
Veteran

baddoey HB User
Re: Question about MRI results

I know it is hard to wait, it sucks actually, but just so you know there are other things that could cause "spots on the brain" - what is probably going to happen (what happened with me) is that you are going to get some blood taken where there are going to test for other stuff (i had to fill 9 of those tubes), and then an evoked potentials test and a spinal tap (not a big deal - worse than it sounds) - from there they will be able to get a better hand on what is going on with you. waiting is a big part of getting dxed. . sorry to hear that you are going throught this. . chin up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2004, 07:01 AM   #3
(male)

hoosierkid HB User

Thank you for your kind words and support. Yes the waiting and not knowing is far worse than the symptoms I'm having for right now.

Old 12-12-2004, 08:05 PM   #4
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User

Hi Badboey,
I'm very curious to know what else can cause spots on the brain??? From all my research I have only found that Lymes Disease can put Spots on the brain. Please post what else can put spots on the brain. I have 8 spots on my brain (that they could see), Im having a Spinal Tap Friday. Doctor is leaning towards MS, but if there is something else that can put lesions on the brain, I would love to know what it is. Thanks,,,,please let me know..

Old 12-12-2004, 08:34 PM   #5
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User

Ratpuppy - I just bumped up a thread called "Questions about lesions" for you.

Julie

Closed Thread