It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2004, 01:03 PM   #1
(female)

hpygrl HB User
mri results

Hi, I am new to all this. I have suspected for a long time that I have MS. I just received my mri results and they were normal. Is it possible to have MS and a normal mri. If anyone could let me know.
Thanks, Jacqui

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2004, 04:28 PM   #2
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User
Re: mri results

Hi Jacqui,
Welcome to the forum. The answer to your question is yes. Sometimes for various reasons the MRI may not pick up the lesions. Of what part of your spine did they do the MRI(s)? Did they do your brain? Were they done with and without contrast? Was it an open or closed MRI? All of these factor into the results.

Take care,
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2004, 05:19 PM   #3
(female)

hpygrl HB User

Thanks Julie, It was a closed brain mri that lasted for about 25 mins and they found nothing. My pcp is reluctantly sending me to a neuroligist for further testing. She thinks my symptoms are stress related. I know they are not.
Thanks for your reply, Jacqui

Old 12-03-2004, 05:22 PM   #4
(female)

hpygrl HB User

yes, with and without contrast
Jacqui

Old 12-07-2004, 11:03 AM   #5

anseay HB User

Ok it's diary time, Document everything, headaches, mussel pains, even to urine stream, fatique, eye pain, vision problems, weakness, balance, everything. time, date , event ,what you did to releive it, I hate that word stress. What your going through will cause stress and so will doctors just looking for an easy excuse. The diary will produce loads of questions for the doctors? Ask them, make the list,Mri's need to be done of c & l spine/ brain/ spinal tap/ there's also NMR LipoProfile blood Report it's in depth. Good -Luck

Closed Thread