It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2004, 01:45 PM   #1
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User
Hi

Hi,

Where do I start. This place hasn't been real easy for me to figure out either. I will try to make this short. I'm happy to know that there are people that share the same frustrating and annoying pain as I do. I just stumbled onto this site. I have questions about MS. I am having a neck and brain MRI in the morning. I have Hashimoto Hyposthyroidism, Type 1 diabetic (pump therapy), and 4 titanium cages in my lower lumbars. Every problem I ever have had doctors blaime on my back. Im so sick of that. This last doctor had CT xrays done, and that shows my Neuro nothing, so this guy seems to care, so Im having MRI in the morning. My question is, do the lesions on the brain stay there forever, or do they heal themselves, and how many autoimmune diseases can one have. I have also struggled with UNBEARABLE pain for many many years. I itch on my face at night to the point I have made the side of my nose raw. I have seizures in my sleep sometimes, my boyfriend just watches me do this and doesn't bother. I have been suspect to have MS years ago from a doctor, but I thought he was a quack and I never went back. These days, I can't even get out of bed without a struggle...they say all do to my osteo in my back. BUT-I have burning, pins-needles., FEVERS, bladder won't empty..constant urinary track infections..weight is up and down...I work for my honey, no one else is going to put up with all my errors in my life. Health, and memory problems....sex..I have a real hard time achieving my goal...but once there (sex is like going to the gym)..lol..thats what I feel like afterwards....anyway, Im Extremely fatigued at times...I had kidney problems and lost my voice for two months...NO DOCTOR could figure me out...Im in menopause..oh gosh, I hate to complain...My sister (48, just passed in Oct from colon cancer) another sister (47 passed in Nov from brain aneurysm), one sister had Sciatica nerve, and the other Fibro...anyway, my mom died at 54 from diabetes, and my dad took his own life from schizophrenia. Anyway, I could go on, but I hope they find MS tomorrow, so that I can get some relief for all my symtoms...they are pretty sure there is a herniated disc in my neck, for I can't turn it...anyway,,,sorry...please let me know if the lesions on the spine and brain heal....or do they stay....and could I possibly develop a 3rd autoimmune disease....IM so sorry this is gloomy and long...thank you for your time!!!!xoxoxoxo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2004, 08:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User
Re: Hi

hi, your post jumped out at me because i am a type I diabetic also. unfortuneately, having one auto-immune disease makes us more susceptible to getting another.

i am so sorry to hear about all the loss you have experienced with family members. it reminds me of my own as well. my siblngs are healthy but my mother's siblings have been dropping like flies and my mother has been battling cancer for the past year.

i think having the tests done is an excellent idea. i hope and pray for some answers for you very very soon. try to rest as much as you can...

Old 12-07-2004, 11:17 AM   #3
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User

Thank you for your response. Life just sucks sometimes you know. Im awaiting my results. You take care too! xoxxoxox

Old 12-07-2004, 11:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User

yes, it totally sucks! it's hard not to be in despair. please keep me (us) posted! know that there are people out here who are going through some of the same things you are. you are never alone.

Closed Thread