It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2004, 05:13 PM   #1

lyn25 HB User
anyone?

Im just wondering if anyone here experiences burning toes? I get this more and more often. i also get muscle twitches all over my body, but most days i get in my left calve total vibration like the muscle is going mental and what i can describe as a deep knawing pain, like its coming from the bone. Its like toothache except in the leg if that makes sense. Ive had a head mri which was clear. bloodwork was fine. also saw a neuro that asked lots of questions like " did i wet myself" no i dont. Ive always thought ive had ms. Im not asking any of you if i have. I dont want to know if i had. i guess i dunno what im asking here. Its just i read on a docs page that burning toes can be a sign of diabetes, or a CNS disorder. Im scared. I dont have diabetes. I have quite a few other symptoms that i wont go into.

Lyn x

Old 12-03-2004, 05:18 PM   #2

lyn25 HB User
Re: anyone?

ive had this for 2 yrs i forgot to mention. Do any of you think i should ask for a neck mri? Ive just lost all faith in the docs. even the neuro said its anxiety... yeah, waking with 2 numb hands is anxiety! I never feel refreshed after sleep either. Takes 2 hrs for me to come to. Sorry to go on. I may not have toilet accidents or blurred vision, but i got strange neurological disorders going on. Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2004, 06:46 PM   #3

anseay HB User

Hello lyn25
The best advice I can give you is start a daily diary of your symptoms. Word of advice whats going on with your toes and legs has nothing to do with your neck. I'm saying this because after $48,000.00 c-5 disc fusion the doctor that did the surgury didn't tell me until afterwords that the problems with my legs had nothing to do with my neck. I'm in an office full of orthopedic doctors and this doctor could not refer me over to another one to check out my legs. As for the leckage in the urine, it can also go the other way to where you can't make your urine stream.I'm looking at learning to use a cathator. Are you going to be like me and watch your bady fall apart and have doctors that won't listen to you. Don't want to know. What ever is going on you've got to know at one point because it will eat at you. Running away won't help. Just keep a diary, that way what ever is going on may lead to you getting the proper treatment. As you start writing things down like what you were doing when the toes went numb, the leg musscelss twitching, you'll start to come up with questions for them. By all means if your starting to have doubts in your doctors ask them straight out is my being in your office a waste of your time and my money. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. Has you had your gp run a NMR LipoProlile Report on you yet? Chin up and hang in there

Old 12-05-2004, 07:06 PM   #4
(female)

tiresome HB User

Anseay is right, it is important to keep a diary of your symptoms. I do and I take it with me to the doctors, it helps me because I have trouble with my memory. I also get a gnawing pain in my shins. I think your discription of a tooth ache is pretty acurate. I get that same pain in my chin and collar bones at times too. It feels like it is right in the very bone.
I also jump back and forth from wanting to know and being scared, I think that it is only natural because we know it is something but don't want it to be something that cannot be cured. My sister told me it sounded like I wanted it to be MS, I told her that I just want to know that I am not crazy, my GP says I'm not. Just remember that they have come pretty far in MS research and the new meds are helping to keep people from getting worse. Keep a positive attitude and hang in there.

Old 12-05-2004, 07:31 PM   #5

anseay HB User

I forgot to tell you you might want to request an mri of the C & L spine to rule out any chance of a pinched nerve. c-spine for arms and hands, L- spine for the hips & legs. If it is (what you don't want to hear) they are going to want one for a base line to report the progress. There you have two reasons to request the test. If you don't mind me asking what are your other symptoms? Maybe you'll just get lucky and need to reajust the waist line on your pants. As for the numbness in the hands, well for a year I drove around with my left arm out the window like a third antina. I'm trying to leave you with some humor and good toughts. Think positive!

Last edited by anseay; 12-05-2004 at 10:23 PM.

Old 12-06-2004, 12:02 AM   #6

anseay HB User

Hi Tiresome.and LYN25
Some of us do jump back and forth in fear. With me, I was in pure terror. I watched myself going from superwomen (home repairs, carpentry,plumbing,and fiberglass repair,over the road truck driver) to a deterating mess within a year. As far as strength I could carry around 50lbs at work just like all of the men (7) of them ( I was the only women there,worked 138 hours every two weeks) came home cooked , cleaned, mowed the grass. All of it, to someone who can't even press 43 lbs with both arms and when it comes to the tricepts 8lbs. It's was tough to see what I've became. Leg press 35lbs each to 10lbs. I printed off 2000 pages on every ligitamite sight that I could find and not one thing on ms. I thought it was parkinsons. I lost valuable time in between that so call orthopedic and the first neuro. that I saw about balance and tremors. I was walking with a cane and had no debth perseption in the dark before I was diagnosed. from 5/2002 til 7/2003 I beleived in them and it cost me a year of treatment. I have a life, MS is two little letter for me, that's all I'll ever let it be to me anymore. I don't fear it,I won't. I didn't even join this board until recently and I did it because I don't want ms to do to someone else what it's done for me. I don't mence words. But lets face it anytime they start looking at the brain for something, nothing good can come from it and running away won't help us either. MS isn't going to stop progressing because we aren't ready to hear the words, it's going to carry on doing it handy work. Ms mimics so many other things and no mater what the outcome the sooner the puzzel is solved the sooner treatment begins the better off we all are. Some of the treatments nearly stop flare ups and now with the new drug that the FDA has approved things are really looking promising. I no longer use my cane and every saturday night I get away and go out dancing, not that slow stuff, disco, shagging, and yes even labomba. I'm single and loving it, I have 4 dance partners, all single all with homes of there own, and none of us looking for a relationship. Like I said I'm living and looking at life in whole new way, positive, all positive, I'm finding that neurological disorders loves stress and anxity,worry and depression. Don't let it have a second of any of it. None of them have earned the right. Tiresome and Lyn 25 fight, due the diary, figure the puzzel out. But don't fear it. Life is oh so very presious. Find the determination in yourself and start living again.......

Last edited by anseay; 12-06-2004 at 12:05 AM.

Old 12-07-2004, 09:31 AM   #7

anseay HB User

I know that the tough part is being brave enough to face what ever the diagnosis. The fact of the matter is it's harder to deal with the diagnosis what ever it is. We all of us at this point have the right to cry, be angery, scream, yell why me? Don't waste your energy with fear and fright. You'll need your energies latter to face what ever your going to have to go thru.

Closed Thread