It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2004, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User
Would someone please....

I just want to know if Lesions disappear over time, or do they stay, and do autoimmune diseases follow each other like a domino....please anyone that knows anything .. please respond...xoxooxxoxoxo

Old 12-05-2004, 06:06 PM   #2

anseay HB User
Re: Would someone please....

Hi Ratapuppy1
Unforutnatley, I've read that the leison are there to stay. I've read that there is a difference in there inhancement on the mri. That they can tell you weather they are old or new leisons. The meds we take for the ms are hopefully slowing the progrssion of more leison developing. It's a mystery to me and as far as other autoammine desease it being a domino effect. No, I think we just have to learn to deal with the one as far as I know of. The problem is that there are all sorts of complications that can come out of ms. Flu turns into phenomia real quick so we are suppose to have both flu and phenomia shots on us. The minute we feel sick we have to run to the doctors office for anitbiatics. Mine is at the point to where my bp is everywhere, for years 120/70. Now I don't know what it will be from one doctors visit to the next. I'm still learning. Hang in there!

Last edited by anseay; 12-05-2004 at 06:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2004, 06:46 PM   #3
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User

Thank you very much for answering my post. I find out my results from my neck and brain MRI soon. I had that done this last Saturday. All I want to know is what is wrong with me. What can I call all these symptoms. For years I have been shuffled from doctor to doctor for all my woes, hopefully I will have some answers soon. Thanks again for your resonse.

Old 12-05-2004, 07:03 PM   #4

anseay HB User

I keep telling everybody in doubt that what ever is going on with them to keep a diary. dates, times, symptoms, how long they last, Ratapuppy1, stress is the last thing that anyone with ms needs, the anxiety, the worry, all of it and the first thing a doctor wants to diagnos someone with is stress, anxiety, depression, when in fact they are the one causing it by not looking for the root of the problem. They leave us with worry and doubt eating away at us. That's where a diary would benefit all of us that have ever had any doubts about our symptoms. Your question about the domino effect of autoamuine deseases would be a good question for your doctor start now at making a list of questions for him, give him alittle more work for his money. That and a lack of communication because we put up with so much for so long we can't remember it all. Just hang in there and your not alone! Keep me posted> I'm wishing for positive news.

Last edited by anseay; 12-05-2004 at 07:03 PM.

Old 12-05-2004, 07:50 PM   #5
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User

I have the least stress in my life right now than I ever have. I was married to an abusive alcoholic for 19 years. I started college shortly after back surgery because I couldn't do college and my ex too. I chose college. He put more stress on me than I could ever explain. Being with him after 6 years I developed the diabetes, then after I left him in 1999 I went from type 2 diabetes to type 1, and my hashimoto Thyroid went to full hypothyroidism. Menopause too..and all this time I'm being shuffled from Doctor to Doctor...my arthritis doctor put me on the Neurontin, yet he wouldn't really listen to all my other woes because he blamed all my symptoms on my back. Anyway, my ex would make me stress out so bad that when he would upset me, I would just shake so hard that I couldn't get ahold of myself. Thank god I found the courage to leave. I will post my results of the MRI wehn I find out. I know the damage of stress, yet I haven't experienced major stress for 5 years now. I can't handle it anymore. I need calm and quiet. Im only 42 years old, and I feel like a 60 year old..lol..Thanks for the ear!

Old 12-05-2004, 08:03 PM   #6

anseay HB User

The one thing at this point and it's hard for me say this is the stress of loosing both of your sister in such a short time. It's probable the final straw. With me it was the death of my mothher in 10/2002 and by 5/2003 the ms had started showing it's ugly head. the clinncher was finding x-rated vhs tape and love letters for my husbands mistress one month after c-5 disc surgury when I cought him on the bridge with his mistress.(he dang near broke my neck) They say that divorce and death are the two most related factors in the progression of ms. Alot of us here on these boards have alot more in common than just the deaesae.

Last edited by anseay; 12-05-2004 at 08:03 PM.

Old 12-05-2004, 08:27 PM   #7
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User

Oh Im sure there are a lot of Ghosts in the closets with these posts. You are better off without the loser! You know this, I know. That would be extremely stressful, not to mention terribly painfull. Now that could cause some damage for sure. I know exactly what you are talking about...(Stress = Men)...lol Anyway, I miss my two sisters terribly. They were my buddies. I come from 7 girls, no brothers, and we all have/had very poor health. We are from Texas, and Moab UT. You would think that we grew up by a URANIUM plant. hint, hint...lol..no we didn't, but it makes you wonder. I lost my mom on Thanksgiving in 97, and then my Dad on Xmas Day in 2000. My mom...oh, I miss her.. She begged me for years to leave that ex of mine. I hope she knows that I finally did it. Death is just a part of life. Ive had so much of it that I've become used to it. Maybe that is my cover for my pain. I don't know, but I truly miss my sisters. If I could post their awesome pic of each other in a heart that my sister created before she passed...and it came out strangely af first because it had all these white spots on the one sister that hadn't passed yet. If we had only known, possibly it was angels warning us. I don't know...sounds kind of strange, but its too hard to explain on here their Karma/Fate,,,anyway, They were my buddies, and I love and miss them very much. Thanks for sharing with me...thanks anseay! xoxoxo ')

Old 12-05-2004, 08:36 PM   #8
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User

One more thing Anseay...Im very sorry you had to endure the stress and pain your ex imposed upon you. I forgot to mention that. Be Tough!!!!!!! xoxooxo

Old 12-05-2004, 08:52 PM   #9

anseay HB User

Tough thats a laugh/ lets just say that with what I found in this house after I threw him out makes his butt look like a box of crunch and munch! I inheritated my home from my mom. Then put 27,000.00 in the house next door and inheirited her apartment. I'm putting renters in the houses and moving into the apartment. Renting out these houses at $800.00 a month each. By north carolina law he has no rights to anything I've inheritated or anything purchased with the money from the inheritance. You'll love this my alimony is $145.00 a month for the $6000.00 windows in the house he pays in full.$178.00 for the time share in New Orleans. It's to be sold in one yearand I receive all of the money. Then there the insurance he has to maintain on me once the divorce which I hope I get for a Christmas present it goes into cobra and another $250.00 a month for the next 5 years. I don't think thats to bad for being tough.HA HA HA HA I hope your smiling about all of this cause I sure am.
The only thing I would like to ask him is or her (want to play?)
By the way I saw on one of the boards that some of the leison did disapear on the mri's. I guess that I'm not that lucky yet. I see my new neuro. this week I'll ask him about it? Let you Know!

Last edited by anseay; 12-05-2004 at 10:12 PM.

Old 12-06-2004, 03:56 AM   #10
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User

You go girl!!!!...LOL..Yes, I was smiling all the way through your post. I had a very good laugh for the day ... thank you! I was never fortunate enough to have my ex cheat on me (that I know of), for I always told him that if he could find someone else that could take his crap (better), he could have them. LOL...Nobody else wanted his bull****!!! They still don't. He is still alone, and I think that he has made a pretty good rep for himself. He is one lonely man now. He will never grow up, most of them never do. lol..anyway, Way to go!!! xoxoxxoxo

Old 12-06-2004, 06:09 AM   #11

anseay HB User

The story is a joke just like him. He's with her. She was a neighbors wife who had 8 affair on him in a 30 year marriage. You want to do the division? ha ha ha
He told me had never had a affair on any of his 2 other wives. I tought him u-nick. Compound that with my mother death and the surgery, how did I not come down with ms? I feel like the deck was stacked against me. But oh well. I'm single and loving every minute of it. He just has the problem of I don't know why she's lasching out, so anger. I'm not but I'm looking out for me. I was fired from a $16.00 hour job because of the tremors and balance problems from the ms. Fortunately I live in a staate that when I husband goes out and has an affair (with the homework I have) He will support me before he'll support her. How are you doing today? Well I've got a appt. with vocational rehabilation at 10:00 to see if I can make a 30 hour week. Pay set on the differance in between disability. But now I'm starting to worry about it physically. Diability has had my foulder on there desk for over 8 months and no denials yet, but no money either. Wish me luck!

Last edited by anseay; 12-06-2004 at 06:11 AM.

Old 12-06-2004, 07:26 PM   #12
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User

Good evening...Im headed to my nightly bathe. It will knock me out, but that is what Im doing right now. Good luck on your S.S., good things never come easy. I work, and the only way that is possible is because my honey is a CPA/Financial Planner, and so he puts up with me. Thank god. No one else is going to put up with me. He is so good to me. Spoils me rotten. He too, was married for 22 years to a "Uh Um", unfaithul you know what. She didn't deserve my honey, and if the day ever comes that I meet her I will tell her thank you. Who else is going to put up with an Insulin Pump, 4 cages in my lower lumbars that make me have to stretch out at times in the file room. I'm on the Neurontin and so that is helping with all the scar tissue down there, but no one else is going to put up with me. Thank you god for sending me someone so awesome. I am lucky. My honey gets ornery at times with me for my cognitive problems, but I know it is because he depends on me so much, and he is worried about me, and he just cares. BUT no one else is going to put up with me. Anyway, I wouldn't be working either if it weren't for him. I love my job. I have a 14 year old son to take care of too, for his dad is too busy at the bar every night. Anyway, enough of that. My ex, he burnt everything I owned after I left him. I left with the shirt on my back. I never went back to get anything either. I dont' want it. I left everything, that is what he didn't burn. My ex never wanted me to have anything, including my degree....well too bad, I got it. Too much to explain on that situation...Im just glad I finally saw the forest from the trees, and got out of there. Im babbling..my tubs waiting. Enjoy your posts...wish you luck with SS, and take care of yourself ..and chit chat later.xoxoxoxoxo

Closed Thread