It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2004, 10:17 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
heavyiness when walking, shaky

hi alll, i was wondering about the heavy ness feeling people talk about, i dont know if i had this today, i hope not!!! i was walking around and felt like someone was pushing me down when i was trying to walk, i felt sort of shaky and my muscles feel pulled in places? doea this sound ms related or not? thanks, aprilx

Old 12-05-2004, 02:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
Re: heavyiness when walking, shaky

is everyone not replying to this post because it sounds like i have ms or is that me being paranoid?? cheers, aprilxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2004, 04:42 PM   #3

anseay HB User

Hi Apriltones
I know you and I've chatted before and I know that by now your keeping a diary of events into the mysterious wonder of it all. Heavyness it feels like your walking around with ankle weights on all of the time and at times it makes you wonder where the next step is going to come from. As far as the feeling that your being pushed keep a check on it, if thing progress it could be the beginning of some balance issues. As for the mussel tightness, could be just regular mussel tightness, I don't know. I have ms. I have extencive damage before diagnosis and I don't think the med are showing any reversial of the damage. When my mussels go spastic or cramping they're weird. Sometimes in the back leg at the knee-cap and will run crosswise. How can that be when the mussels on your legs run up and down. Then there are the spastic on the outside about 4" above the ankles or the pain that starts at the arche of the foot and goes internal up the leg. AS for the shaking that to could be the begining of tremors. Here a simple test. Can you walk on your heels, toes, or toe to heel. Balance and tremors could show up here. Sounds simple but to a person with ms we can't do it unless we're in water. In the begining I never had the shakes, I was steady as a rock, With the proper mussel relaxants the tremors relaxed there for a while now they're coming back. MS is a mystery, it truly affect each and everyone of us in different ways. It's very important to keep a daylie log to unlock the mystery. If in doubt of having it, call national ms society and request a neuro in your area that works with ms patience, maybe they will catch something sooner. I'm finding out that yes neuro is who you may need to see but not all neuro's specialize in the feild of ms. I lost valuable time with one neuro for over 6 months and was finally diagnosed by a pa after demanding mri of the brain. Hope some of this helps. As for the balance mine has not improved. they say spastic usually are only in the legs, mine are in the legs, arms, and yes stomach and butt. I realy have to laugh at it. Keep in mind that there are a number of other deases that miminc ms and alot of these simple things that I mentioned doing doesn't mean by all means you have it either, right now you have the power of the ink pen. Hang in there, don't let things get you to worked up or worried, ms and stress don't work togeather at all. I'm wishing you luck, maybe this will help you get some answers, or at least alleiveate so worry

Last edited by anseay; 12-05-2004 at 04:52 PM.

Old 12-10-2004, 03:51 PM   #4
(male)

CANADAGUY HB User

Hi Folks. My first time to the board! My experience of heaviness when walking is more like feeling heavy and weak, like after climbing a few stairs I'm about ready to go down on all fours to make the rest of them. Also feeling the impact of even the slightest incline as if it were a hill. One of my first symptoms was that my right knee would give out on me when walking, occassionaly, and rarely, the left knee. Lack of sensation or numbness in the feet, made walking, and esp. running, feel like running on stumps, and my whole body would get a jolt, like a hard thump, with each step. Currently, I notice the Christmas lights flash in my eyes like they are the flashing type, yet when I stop and look, they are on steady.

Last edited by CANADAGUY; 12-10-2004 at 03:53 PM.

Old 12-11-2004, 09:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

thanks for your post. its good to hear how everyones feeling, love april.

Old 12-11-2004, 10:31 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

i always feel like someone is trying to hold me back from walking and i feel pressure, on my head,,, i am terribly shakey,,, my hubby has to help me with the betaseron autoject because i shake so bad i can;t do it myself,, so he holds it still for me. i love him so much he is a huge help and i am so lucky to have him!

Old 12-12-2004, 01:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi there, are you like this alot? its great having supportive partners isnt it xx

Old 12-13-2004, 08:14 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

yep i am like this 24/7 the only time it eased up was for about a month after i had the solumedrol iv drip. and it came back slowly but surely!

Old 12-13-2004, 12:42 PM   #9
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

ooo cant be nice, hope your a little pain free today x

Old 12-16-2004, 06:52 PM   #10
(female)

camillec HB User

i get that at times when i go shopping to long or if i am on my feet to long one time i was so weak that i almost collapsed when i got out of my husbands truck. thank god he was there for me
camille

Closed Thread