It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2004, 01:21 PM   #1
(female)

tammy1970 HB User
newly dx today !!!! lesion question ????

hi all i posted earlier that i was waiting for results, so today i got them........ MS............ with the shortage of neuro's in my area, my appt wont be till march, to start me on the shots.......... (still looking into getting seen quicker)......... so my question is ........ my dr. said i had a supstancial amount of lesions on my spine,(did not tell me how many on either) and even more on my brain, more then i had in 98' without being diagnosed with ms at that time, he said with the amount of lesions on my spine and the lhermittes sign, it was enough to diagnose alone, but then my brain had more.......... my syptoms now are on and off weird vision, and the lhermittes sign, all reflexes are good.......... he said since theres a wide variety of ms symptoms, altho i dont have many the lesions are there.........so to start the treatment as preventative........ i read on the board that some people dont have many lesions but alot of symptoms.....i think im the opposite........ anyone else out there the same? and does having the lesions on brain and spine more serious.......then one or the other???
thanks so much for u'r help
tammy

Old 12-07-2004, 02:06 PM   #2
Veteran

baddoey HB User
Re: newly dx today !!!! lesion question ????

I don't have any lesions on my spine - but quite a few in my brain. . but they are small - so I think size is just as important as amount. . I too am just dxed. I am planning on going on the new drug Tysabri, just approved by the FDA in Jan. my symptoms are sensory at this time - some eye weirdness, burning/tingles in arms and legs. . From what I have researched there are no real rules with MS and it is almost impossible to predict the course it will take.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread