It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2004, 03:19 PM   #1
(female)

greyzak HB User
Strange Neuro symptoms Help!!

Hello,
I am in need of some answers because I can't get any doctor to see me!

First of all the symptoms I am concerned about are: For the last 3 weeks, starting slowly and then getting new symptoms everyday.
Burning, hot feeling started in lower back, then down legs, then mid to upper back. Now shoulders, arms, ankles. Most of this was on the back side of my body, but now is progressing to the front.

Flashes and floaters in both eyes. Burning inside mouth, tongue shiny, sores on tongue and cheek. Swollen lymph node under arm. Pain in thumb joint to the point I couldn't use it and had to wear a splint for 1 week.

Urinary hesitation, and not feeling like I have to go until I am very full. Headaches, dizziness.

I am stopping there, but I have been having other symptoms as well. The problem is that I also have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Chiari I Malformation, Syringomyelia, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Pre diabetes, and several more health conditions.

I am waiting to see a new neurologist. I have been told by several very good neurosurgeons that MS sometimes goes along with Chiari Malformation and that I need to have my CSF checked for oligoclonal bands. So I wait, and wait. I have been referred around from doctor to doctor until I am dizzy. I have been to two pain drs who just refer me to someone else!

Anyway, there was a white spot on my last couple MRIs that was suspicious, too.

So... my question is: Has anyone had this happen? All these hot, burning sensations that seem to be jumping all over and then the problems with the eyes?

Thanking you all in advance!!
Suzette

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2004, 09:22 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

kirafaye HB User
Re: Strange Neuro symptoms Help!!

Sounds like the chiari and syrinxs to me cause I had pretty much all those symptoms too and I have a sevre chiari 1 and extensive syrinxs and they show themselves out to be VERY MS like. I basically have teh classic signs of MS but its the chiari I was told..so *shrug* it may be but my guess is ur chiari is playing up maybe?

Old 12-08-2004, 07:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User
Re: Strange Neuro symptoms Help!!

would someone mind explaining what the other illnesses are posted? i'm not familar with them.

Closed Thread