It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2004, 06:44 PM   #1
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User
8 white spots on the brain

Well, the nurse called me today, and the MRI revealed 8 white spots on my brain. Im ok for no aneurysms, like my two sisters, and I have a herniated disc in my neck, but its pretty cushioned by my spinal fluid, so that is why it doesn't bother me too much. Im not sure if there are spots on my spine, but I have to have a Spinal Tap now, and they said they would have to do it under XRAY because I have four cages in my lower lumbars, so Im not looking forward to this. My back alone hurts like crazy. Is this how the procedure goes. I also want to know if anybody knows what else can put spots on your brain. I mean, is this a common thing. xooxox Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2004, 08:03 AM   #2
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User
Re: 8 white spots on the brain

No one is talking..arg! I just want to know what else can put lesions on the brain..arg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2004, 11:56 AM   #3
(female)

tammy1970 HB User
Lightbulb Re: 8 white spots on the brain

hi, it is "arg" when u dont get any replies...................... i am curious to this question myself, but i didnt do my research on this yet, (exhausted from looking up everything else..... but lymes disease i know is a def. to showing spots on the brain.......... i dont know if there is anything else......which with our luck maybe someone else will respond........ lol
good luck with u'r spinal tap.............let me know ur results.......thanx
take care
tammy

Old 12-11-2004, 12:34 PM   #4
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User

Thank you Tammy. I hear ya on the Arg...sometimes its difficult finding the answers to all your questions. Lymes Disease. I will have to research that. I don't know much about that one. But yah, makes you curious to know what else could cause lesions on the brain. Thanks for responding, and I will surely post my results on Spinal Tap. xoxooxoxoxo

Old 12-11-2004, 01:01 PM   #5
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User

Ok, I just read about Lymes Disease. It is definately out...and them bugs looked pretty ugly. Wished someone would post more info. I live in here practically..arg

Old 12-14-2004, 10:23 PM   #6
(female)

RedeemedHeart HB User

Brain lesions can be caused by several things that I know of. Brain truama or small strokes caused by natural causes or drug useage. Especially Meth or Coke (I am not suggesting you are a drug user) that is just how I came by my own lovely "white spot" on the brain. I have FM and symptoms of both MS and SLE. Probably not caused by the same thing that caused the brain spot.
I haven't done drugs in 25 years or more however my Dr. thinks that at sometime I had a small stroke. She told me that it can happen even with just one time using Meth and that you may not even know it happened until later. I am just thankful I lived through my teenage years!

I hope you find out what is causing yours...
Blessings,
Kathy

Old 12-15-2004, 04:24 AM   #7
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User

Thanks Kathy,

Well, I did a few things in my younger years. Not to mention every street drug there ever was...lol...but I was healthy then. I graduated from college in 2001 with complete A's and made the deans list 3 times. I'm 42 yrs old, not 18. I had so much pain all through college, and actually for a very long time. I remember carrying my back pack...I wanted to die some days. I was a high school drop out, and so I'm proud to have gotten my degree later in life. Anyway, I think if it was drug damage, I would be making real stupid decisions. I'm a single mom of a 14 yr old son, and he is what keeps me going. I pay my bills on time, I have a good fella in my life, and I get up and go to work everyday and deal with top professionals in my field,,,,(financial planning, and accounting) I'm so angry at doctors for misdiagnosing me for years. I could write a novel on here for all the misdiagnosis of doctors, and how they have messed up my body...For example, I had my hysterectomy in 2002, the doctor did a vaginal hyst, and cut my bladder, I then had to wear cathedar for 2 months to heal that cut....it was summer, and oh it sucked so bad. I have repeated Urinary Track infections. I have problems with not emptying my bladder. I just trickle when I tinkle...I don't know that I have a urinary infection until my fever hits 101-102...I can't feel my legs, or most of my lower extremities...anyway, Im just sharing some of my woes...I could tell you so much, and I KNOW lots of you are going through the same pain...I had a Scope on my bladder and the doctor that did this Hyst..never told me he used 6 clips on me when doing that surgery,,,,I saw them in the xray...oh thanks for telling me doc...Two years ago I put my coffee maker in my bedroom because some days I just crawl up my stairs. I've been on Flexerill, Lortabs, Neurontin for years for all the scar tissue in my lower back from surgery and my back injury. I deal with the same terrible FATIGUE that you all do, I deal with the burning in my legs, and I have constipation,,,blurry vision, terrible memory, I stutter and can't swallow well....I get terrible ear-aches, and there is no visible infection, just last year, I lost my voice for two months at tax season, (i went to ER for that episode, terrible freeze up of body, just stiff, chest pain, and FATIGUE that I can't even explain) was awful, at the same time it was affecting my kidneys, they were only funtioning at 16, so doctor says...doctor says to me,,,we test you for Hepatits, and he looked at me in the eye,,,and said what is going on with you Donna, then he said "can't figure you out, we send you for blood work and see you later"....he makes me angry...Im like most of you - angry for (Pass the Buck DOCTORS)....arg...Its 4 in the morning, and I woke up at 3 and couldn't go back to sleep...I had to tinkle...wide awake,,,anyway, thanks for sharing my thoughts this morning. I wished I had a street drug today that could fix me up!!! lol..Mushrooms would put a nice laugh in my soul....lol..Thanks for listening to me go off this morning. Off to check my sugar for my Type 1 diabetes, change my pump, and take the synthroid for my Hypo,,I have three goiters on my thyroid, so they say they are goiters...arg..out before I go off again..Thank you all for listening to me wine...Hugs!!!xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo

Old 12-15-2004, 04:39 AM   #8
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User

One more nightmare experience I want to post before I hit the shower....

Im sorry, I just have to post this one too. I had bleeding from the (I call it the poop shoot) .. lol...so I go to the Colonoscopy doctor. The first colonoscopy doctor does the colonoscopy and takes pics of a weird like - it looked like an infected belly button - very creepy, ugly thing...freaked me out - it was an ulcer ( so we suspect) on the side wall of my colon, but he didn't get biopsy because I found out that I have a hard time staying under with the medicene they use, I didn't find that out until the second colonoscopy...that is why the first doctor didn't get a biopsy,,i wake up under this anesthesia they give ya to do procedure...ARG ARG ARG...I go to many doctors for answers...NO ANSWERS...i have another colonoscopy and that DOCTOR chewed me out because it took 11 times the normal dose to put me out, he said it was a lethal dose...oh joy, I took all 11 patients medication for the day- I took all the meds...I was the first patient that morning...failed colonoscopy again...ARG ARG ARG... I just can't be still or stay under..oh my gosh,,,this just frustrates me to no end...All the while, there is a disease in the background, this new found MS,,,,not total diagnosis yet, but HELLO.....lol..you have to laugh or you go nuts....xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo off to shower...oxooxoxoxoxo

Old 12-15-2004, 06:40 AM   #9

Dessell HB User

Hi,
I believe drugs play a part in what I may be reeping now.Although mine were found on my spine,drugs are just bad period.Look at Richard Pryer,he has MS,and was a coke user.If you abuse drugs for so many years,it will cause neuro problems in the future.I mostly smoked pot daily all thru high school,I am sure it has caused some of my forgetfulness,lol,and I bet alot of folks did drugs but won't admit to it,I told my neuro right away.
Wish you all well

Old 12-16-2004, 10:30 AM   #10

anseay HB User

Hello yu guys,
well I can pretty much rule out the drugs in my factor the most I ever did in the late 70 was a little weed witch alot of ms'ers use to try and get releife from pain. Nothing else in the past. But the punch line is that I worked in the fiberglass industy for 15 years, the common thing is MEKP (Methal Keytone Porxide) It the kicking agent for fiberglass resines( to harder). Alot of street drug use this in the manufaturing process.
When you think of coke and the other things out there they are not produced with just one compound, but many. MEKP is one of them. Hope this helps>

Old 01-03-2005, 02:51 PM   #11
(female)

jaycasa1231 HB User

Just joind the site. I'm in the process of being diagnosed also. I have about 6 spots but no one wants to tell me what is going on with me. I am also curious to know if it is common to have spots with no explanation. Let me know if you find out anything!

Old 01-03-2005, 03:00 PM   #12
(female)

WilliamsMom HB User

I was told that a person with a history of migraines could have lesions. I have them myself. But, like you, I would love to know what other conditions would cause lesions.

Old 01-04-2005, 08:25 AM   #13
(female)

angie81 HB User

Hi all
All that i know that can cause lesions are what you have said. The lymes, HIV and Syphillis. I was tested for all of these and Everything came back normanl for them test. Thank God. So now they did a spinal tap and many other test for MS. I hope that you find out what is going on.
Take Care
Angie

Old 01-19-2005, 07:35 PM   #14
(female)

jaycasa1231 HB User

I have at least 5 unknown white spots. I had $2000 worth of blood work to rule out everything else it could be but still no diagnosis of ms. I'm very curious to also know if it could be something else for myself. They told me 1 or 2 spots could be from migranes but not as many as 5. Good luck finding out some info!!

Old 02-19-2005, 05:59 PM   #15
(female)

HERZY HB User

hi, doctors say white spots may be from migtraine headaches

Closed Thread