Well he gave me good news and bad news. After looking at MRI reports (I don't know why he had me bring the films), having me walk for him (heel to toe, on toes, on heels, and then heel to toe again), sticking me in several places with a safty pin, hitting me with his little hammer, and preforming several manuvers. He told me he is 99.9 percent sure I do NOT have MS.
The bad news was that it all is emotional (all in my head) and that I should seek treatment from mental health therapy. There for there is no need to do a spinal tap or any other tests like Evoked potentials. He said that my vision problems are not MS related because it changes and has not stayed "on course".
I give up. I have already went the mental health route and they told me my problems are medical and to come back after I have had that taken care of if I still felt the need.
Thanks to all who responded to my last thread.
Im not sure what youre going through but i just wanted to say "its not in your head" or you wouldnt have got as far as a neuro in the 1st place. Im in the same boat, went to a neuro, got same tests done as yourself and got the same answer..."anxiety" . As if !!!!! I know a lot of folk with severe anxiety and none of them caused symptoms like we have, My best friend works 18 hrs a day and runs her own company, an although admitting she feels as if shes going to have a heart attack with the stress she still can get up and get on with that another 18hr shift. Whats your symptoms? xx
Thanks Lyn and Chris for the responses. I wrote down the tests and will ask my doctor about them. Lyn my symptoms are:
1. Strange feeling in my head: like a wave or shock. Started 4 yrs ago and gradually has become frequent(once time lasted 39 days everyday several times a day)
2.When having the "head things" I will lose my balance, won't remember what I was saying(if talking at the time), limp (not aware of limping just told by observers), and I often pause during speach.
3. extremely tired and weakness.
4. I had a bout with dizziness that lasted 2 weeks. Couldn't drive, worse with eye movement.
5. Visual problems: started on sept. 17. has got better but still not back to normal. at first looked like a purplish curtain in perrefial vision but now just blurry.
6.I often "stub my toe" but nothing is there to trip over.
7. I have numbness and tingling in the middle of my back, right shoulder blade and arm.
8.Sharp pain, kind of like coming right out of the bone, in my shins, chin and collar bone. Also shooting pain from heel to knee. I will get warm sensations in my thigh.
9. Memory problems. I used to love to read but now cannot remember plot or characters. My head will feel "foggy" like I just can't quite connect.
10. Itching: the bottoms of my feet, palms, arms,or face will itch like crazy and nothing I have tried will relieve it (a cold compress helps slightly) there is not rash or skin breakage and if I scratch it gets more intense.
11. DEPRESSION: I am not sure if it is because I feel so lousy most of the time and can't get a diagnosis of what is happening to me or if I am just plain nuts. After looking over my symptoms maybe I am crazy.
Anyway, thankfully none of these symptoms strike all at once. My primary doc wants me to come in and talk to her.(after seeing a MS neuro & him telling me it is all in my head) She is a good and caring doctor so I will see her on the 27th. I will ask about thyroid then. thanks for your help.