It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2004, 10:30 PM   #1
(female)

tlsims HB User
newbie: im just nuts

hi
i am just sitting around again like i have done the last 4 months or so waiting for more test results.

it started back then with bad stomach aches (which i have had before , but this was worse then ever before) shortly after this i started having dizzy spells and feelings like i was drunk. i was scared to drive i was actually falling asleep at work and was scared i would pass out behind the wheel. then i woke up one morning and my nose was numb this moved around my eyes like a mask and became very painful , especially by the end of day it was unbearbable. my memory was horrible (still is ) simple things like my email addy would just woosh go out of my head.

i would see things out of the side of my eye and think it was person in my home and it was the coat rack, which i knew was there. noises, were just horrible for me , if somene dropped something or spoke when everything was slient i would about come out of my skin. soon i could not stand on one foot , my leg would shake violenty. i could not walk a straight line, i was like a drunk who had been in a bar fight and lost
my doc did a brain MRI with contrast at the hospital. she said it came back negative and said that ruled out MS. then as she was about to send me out the door with my koo koo papers she felt my thyroid and found a nodule. my thyroid blood work came back fine and i am now waiting for the ultrasound test to come back.

i have been to the thyroid board and no one there seems to be responding with ever having these symptoms.

now i wake up today and guess what my numb nose is back with shoulder pain that woke me up in the middle of night. i have never regained my vision from the last episode (however i never lost my color site) i am already extremely near sighted and am scared to death i will lose more. I am weraing reading glasses along with contact lens now. the glasses are making my nose feel worse so i am trying not wear them so much but that is hard since i am a book keeper.

any ideas on where i should go next if this thyroid thing is not the culprit.

all my blood work (fasting) came back fine. the only test i have had off is red blood cells, i am a little anemia.

i keep gettng electrical type shocks that start in my leg and shoot up to head , make it feel like my hair is standing on end. like chill but on the left side only. the palms of my hand hurt, i cant turn a door know casue my thumb locks up and hurt horribly after thanksgiving , all i did was use them to crush a few crackers. any clues
ts

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2004, 05:15 AM   #2
(female)

hpygrl HB User
Re: newbie: im just nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlsims
hi
i am just sitting around again like i have done the last 4 months or so waiting for more test results.

it started back then with bad stomach aches (which i have had before , but this was worse then ever before) shortly after this i started having dizzy spells and feelings like i was drunk. i was scared to drive i was actually falling asleep at work and was scared i would pass out behind the wheel. then i woke up one morning and my nose was numb this moved around my eyes like a mask and became very painful , especially by the end of day it was unbearbable. my memory was horrible (still is ) simple things like my email addy would just woosh go out of my head.

i would see things out of the side of my eye and think it was person in my home and it was the coat rack, which i knew was there. noises, were just horrible for me , if somene dropped something or spoke when everything was slient i would about come out of my skin. soon i could not stand on one foot , my leg would shake violenty. i could not walk a straight line, i was like a drunk who had been in a bar fight and lost
my doc did a brain MRI with contrast at the hospital. she said it came back negative and said that ruled out MS. then as she was about to send me out the door with my koo koo papers she felt my thyroid and found a nodule. my thyroid blood work came back fine and i am now waiting for the ultrasound test to come back.

i have been to the thyroid board and no one there seems to be responding with ever having these symptoms.

now i wake up today and guess what my numb nose is back with shoulder pain that woke me up in the middle of night. i have never regained my vision from the last episode (however i never lost my color site) i am already extremely near sighted and am scared to death i will lose more. I am weraing reading glasses along with contact lens now. the glasses are making my nose feel worse so i am trying not wear them so much but that is hard since i am a book keeper.

any ideas on where i should go next if this thyroid thing is not the culprit.

all my blood work (fasting) came back fine. the only test i have had off is red blood cells, i am a little anemia.

i keep gettng electrical type shocks that start in my leg and shoot up to head , make it feel like my hair is standing on end. like chill but on the left side only. the palms of my hand hurt, i cant turn a door know casue my thumb locks up and hurt horribly after thanksgiving , all i did was use them to crush a few crackers. any clues
ts

Hi,

wow, I am sorry for all that you are going through. I am also wondering if i have ms and it is seeming to take forever at this point. My mri results came back negative right after thanksgiving and now I am going to a neuro in Jan. I have the pain in my spine as you do. It sucks! As much as I dont want to have it I almost hope they find something just so I will know. At this point my husband and family dont believe I have ms beacuse the mri was normal. I am very frustrated at this point. They think its stress. I also jump at sudden noises so I was happy to hear I am not crazy, yet!
Good luck!
J

Closed Thread