It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2004, 04:54 AM   #1
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User
Hole in the Heart?

I spoke with the receptionist for more info on MS, and she told me that there are only two things that can cause lesions on someone's brain, and that is MS, or a hole in the heart. They can test for the hole in the heart, just like they test for MS, and sometimes people have both, the hole and MS. Maybe some of you have heard of this before. Fixing the hole in the heart is very east to do too. xoxoxoxoxo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2004, 08:12 AM   #2
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User
Re: Hole in the Heart?

Hmmm. I think the receptionist shouldn't talk to the patients about health problems. Was she talking about a mitral valve prolapse? Also, migraines can leave 'lesions' in the brain.

Take care,
Julie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2004, 10:09 AM   #3

Dessell HB User

Hi,
I agree with Julie,receptionests should not be talking health to patients,I am sure she may know medical terms working at a doc office,yet there are several things that cause lesions,drugs,head trauma,migraines,The hole in the heart is a new one for me,never heard of tha making lesions.But I do know my brother was born with 2 holes in is heart,and never had lesions on the brain.There are so many theory's with ms,,who knows!
Dessell

Old 12-16-2004, 11:34 AM   #4
(female)

Ratpuppy1 HB User

Hi Guys...

This receptionist said she had the symptoms of MS, and she was tested, came out negative for MS, yet she did have the hole in the heart. She had it fixed and now all her symptoms are gone,,,is that crazy...well I will see them tomorrow,,,IM so fatigued out today..oh tired. I have my Spinal Tap tomorrow....yikas!

Old 12-16-2004, 11:40 AM   #5
Inactive

Jewel2 HB User

Good luck with the spinal tap!

Julie

Old 01-08-2005, 06:23 PM   #6

PAX HB User

I think they are referring to a hole that is in the heart septum (sp?) prior to birth - it separates (if memory serves) the right and left atria. In some people the hole does not close. A tiny clot can develop over time and travel to the brain (or elsewhere) and lodge, causing problems.Perhaps this is what she was referring to ,but like others have said, she's only a receptionist.

Closed Thread