It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2004, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

tiresome HB User
blurred vision

I have had troble with my vision since sept. 17th but this morning my right eye is completely blurred. What should I do? I am so frustrated with this!! I kept thinking it would clear but it hasn't. I am just at my wits end.
Laura

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2004, 11:19 PM   #2
(female)

franstranges HB User
Re: blurred vision

Have you seen a doctor yet? Confirmed it is ON or anything else? You dont watn to mess around, these are your eyes. If it is ON they should put you on some steriods, first through IVs and then orally. I have had ON since june 24th. It has almost been 6 months. If it is that, people heal at different rates. Some people its days, most often weeks and in a few cases months. Just try to eat healthy and get enough rest. I hope it turns out well.

Last edited by franstranges; 12-18-2004 at 11:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2004, 08:14 AM   #3

Wayne Virgil HB User

Yeah how long does this go on for.
Last time it was only 2 weeks. This time it's blurry and 6 weeks so far. Will it ever go away?

The only thing that seems to help is rest and sleep. Even a 10 minute sit down rest or nap makes it 90% better!
I had to stop prednison because it was too hard to handle and wasnt even doing anything. I might go back on, but need to rest the effects off first.

Does it go away?

Old 12-19-2004, 10:32 AM   #4

Dessell HB User

I wonder if it goes away also,my left eye has been blurry since June,my eye doc said it was'nt ON?The floaters and lights still there too,I will have days when its not as bad,yet it is still there.Maybe it is a permanent thing?
Wish you well, Dessell

Old 12-20-2004, 10:57 AM   #5
(female)

misscisacat HB User

I have had that problem for 4 years now. That was what sent me to the doc in the first place. Found diminished fields in the right eye. I get what I call a "ceiling fan" effect out of that eye. It starts very small in the outer aspect and then gradually covers the entire field of vision. May last 1 hour or 6. May happen everyday for a while then not happen for weeks. Also, have a dreadful twitch in that upper lid as well.

Old 12-20-2004, 06:42 PM   #6
(female)

tiresome HB User

I called my primary doc's office and they said for me to go to ER. They did a CAT Scan which was normal, then told me to go to my eye doc on Monday. I didn't go because I woke Sunday to vision being pretty much normal. I know what you mean by "ceiling fan" effect!!! That is a very good discription of what mine is, only it has been going on since 9-17. A couple of years ago I woke to blurry vision in right eye but it was gone the next day so I didn't think much of it.
I have been to 3 eye doctors, my primary, 2 neuros, and 2 therapists, and 1 shrink and not one of them have prescibed any meds for the vision problems. They all say to see what the next doctor says. My MRI's have been normal except for a cyst in left sinus area and of course the fusion of C5-C6. C6-C7 has a protruding disc with arthritis directly across so that spinal canal is narrowed.
I see my primary on the 27th and am going to ask her to order spinal tap, evoked potentials. My daughter sent me a paper on a EEG & SLEEP STUDY that says it helps in the diagnosis of several disorders such as:
SEIZURES (they say I have partial complex seizures)
EPILEPSY, HEADACHE, STROKE, ADHD, PARKINSONS, MS, AND OTHERS.
I am going to ask the doc about thyroid test and to see if she knows of a study being done around here.
Thanks to all who have responded, I am so glad I have this board to come to!!!!
Laura

Closed Thread