It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2004, 12:32 PM   #1

jmg65 HB User
symptoms

currently seeing neuro

Has ordered following tests MRI BRAIN AND SPINE With and Without
VER BAER SSER Tests

Symptoms started in August and have gotten worse

constant tingling --electrical sensations throughout body
twitching head and leg muscles
toe spasms
numb face + scalp
tight muscles
constant body aches
unsteady balance

Anyone else exp with these symptoms. Sounds like I could be in a Primary Progressive stage

Old 12-22-2004, 05:38 PM   #2
(female)

camillec HB User
Re: symptoms

some of those symptoms are similar to mine however as they say no two are alike. go through all the tests. i did not see a lumbar puncture on your list. i originally started with a strange almost seizure type symptom in which i lost focus for breif periods.the doctor that i worked with sent me for a mri. within hours he called me and told me that i was suspicicious for a demylating disease such as ms. i went to a neuro who sent me for a variety of test including what you have on your list,i passed the veps baer ect. then he sent me to the hospital and he did the lumbar puncture. i thought it looked fine i read somewhere (dont remember) that if the fluid was cloudy there was a problem. but the doctor showed me all 5 viles and they were clear as water.so i thought i was home free and i didnt have ms. then the dreaded results were positive for MS . i wouldent wish this on my worst enemy. i am hoping to have some type of remission but i have been on a medication for 2 months. and hopefully soon i will feel normal again.i hope you dont have this dreaded disease because it is unpredictable. you never know when you wake up on day and know how you will feel from day to day. i remember when everyday was a good day and you take it for granted. btw my mother and the doctor told me not to get the lumbar puncture. i did not tell my mom untill it was over and i was home. Best wishes,
camile

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread