It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2004, 08:27 PM   #1
(female)

hpygrl HB User
Going crazy

I have been trying since oct to figure out If I have MS. I's affecting my marraige and my husband does not believe me anymore.Just stress he and my doctor say. I have symptoms that range from floaters, blurred vision, heaviness in my legs, tingling, pain in my spine. Too many to name. Now twitching in my thumb. I am going crazy becuase my MRI was neg and my neuro appt isnt until Jan 17. Does this sound like ms? My symptoms come and go but lately I am having problems in my marraige and all these things are back
Anyone?

Old 12-23-2004, 08:34 PM   #2
(female)

camillec HB User
Re: Going crazy

some symptoms sound like ms. but they can be just about anything. see the neuro get labwork and take it from there.the last thing you want is ms.count your blessings that your mri had no lesions (that you mentioned) and take this one day at a time. keep us informed.
camille

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2004, 08:37 PM   #3
(female)

hpygrl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by camillec
some symptoms sound like ms. but they can be just about anything. see the neuro get labwork and take it from there.the last thing you want is ms.count your blessings that your mri had no lesions (that you mentioned) and take this one day at a time. keep us informed.
camille
Thanks, which ones? Are floaters a symptom>
Hpygrl

Old 12-23-2004, 08:42 PM   #4
(female)

camillec HB User

the heaviness in your legs. i do not know about the floaters the thumb twitching yes i get that sporadically i dont get that often.

Old 12-23-2004, 08:54 PM   #5
(female)

camillec HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpygrl
I have been trying since oct to figure out If I have MS. I's affecting my marraige and my husband does not believe me anymore.Just stress he and my doctor say. I have symptoms that range from floaters, blurred vision, heaviness in my legs, tingling, pain in my spine. Too many to name. Now twitching in my thumb. I am going crazy becuase my MRI was neg and my neuro appt isnt until Jan 17. Does this sound like ms? My symptoms come and go but lately I am having problems in my marraige and all these things are back
Anyone?
i have to say. i have been married for 20 years now and ive had learned to not bother my husband with every thing.the reason i am saying this is they have a lot going on in life probably the breadwinner. i always maintained control. when i started to be ill with the ms i never told my husband of any severe problems untill i saw the doctor. i work in the medical field so i had access to many of my questions. i have found when i talked to my husband he would say "whos the doctor?" than i would answer myself. you came to a good group of people here very helpfull indeed.i hope i can help ypu with any questions as i have a lot of self experience.when i found out i had ms after positive mri iniatally then lumbar puncture also positive. amongst various symptoms. and also my husband had no realization of what i was going through untill i lost my strength in my legs one day and he practilly carried to my office when i got out of the car every body has different symptoms and some common symptoms but there never the same at any time.hang in there and keep in touch let us know
camille

Old 12-24-2004, 01:59 AM   #6
(female)

LaurieCrochets HB User

Hello,
I am female, and I was the breadwinner. We also have 2 children. I had, and still have, a lot going on, too, but never felt my husband had to hide things from me because he may have felt I had to much on my plate. Remember, this is "In sickness, and in health". Your husband is your mate, your best friend, you go thru life with them. It doesn't matter who the breadwinner is. Now the breadwinner is my husband. I get disability pay because my health problems are too many, and I can't walk or keep myself in a standing position for more than 1-2 minutes. Why walk or stand on eggshells thru you marriage. I came from a very bad, verbally abusive marriage, until he threatened to kill me and my children one day. That was a bad marriage, in my opinion. Now, I am married to the most wonderful, caring, and loving man. And, it is not easy street for me, or easy to say for me. I have been thru Hell and back and I let it go for 13 years, big mistake, however, I didn't know any different until friends and family 'really' started pointing it out. I am very adamant now against husbands and wives who aren't there for each other. Love encompasses all! My first marriage was never love. Now, the sky is no limit. I would do anything for my husband now! Just food for thought. Happy Holidays!

Old 12-24-2004, 04:45 PM   #7
(female)

camillec HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieCrochets
Hello,
I am female, and I was the breadwinner. We also have 2 children. I had, and still have, a lot going on, too, but never felt my husband had to hide things from me because he may have felt I had to much on my plate. Remember, this is "In sickness, and in health". Your husband is your mate, your best friend, you go thru life with them. It doesn't matter who the breadwinner is. Now the breadwinner is my husband. I get disability pay because my health problems are too many, and I can't walk or keep myself in a standing position for more than 1-2 minutes. Why walk or stand on eggshells thru you marriage. I came from a very bad, verbally abusive marriage, until he threatened to kill me and my children one day. That was a bad marriage, in my opinion. Now, I am married to the most wonderful, caring, and loving man. And, it is not easy street for me, or easy to say for me. I have been thru Hell and back and I let it go for 13 years, big mistake, however, I didn't know any different until friends and family 'really' started pointing it out. I am very adamant now against husbands and wives who aren't there for each other. Love encompasses all! My first marriage was never love. Now, the sky is no limit. I would do anything for my husband now! Just food for thought. Happy Holidays!
true you must be open and honest. ditto for me as what you said. what i meant was with myself when i am feeling bad he helps out a lot. runs the errands cooks and helps out a great deal marriage is a partnership in where both complement each other. i can say i only married once and i can say i never went through what you did so you see it from your prospective and life experiences. happy holidays to you and you family. camille

Old 12-26-2004, 06:02 PM   #8
(female)

LaurieCrochets HB User

Camille,
You have truly been blessed with a wonderful husband!! I see what you meant, now that you explained it a little more!! I feel that way at times too!! I feel like he has to do so much at times, and I wish sooooo bad I can do more!! Hope you had a BEAUTIFUL Christmas!
Take care!!
Laurie

Old 12-26-2004, 07:09 PM   #9
(female)

camillec HB User

thank you laurie for the kind words.We had a very nice christmas. we celebrated early in the morning then i went to work while my husband and children went to nana's house. i work in a small clinic and i could not believe how busy we were. Today out numbered how yesterday was. i took a nap when i got home.i love to nap. although at times i feel i am sleeping my life away have a heathy new year to come
camille

Last edited by camillec; 12-26-2004 at 07:10 PM.

Old 12-27-2004, 08:00 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

hi camille, would you say twitches and tingling is a big sighn of ms? last night my thumb felt out of place and looked slightly swelled but is ok today. my symptoms are like that, one day crampy hands, next day my neck hurts. i will give you more information if you want about my symptoms, hope you dont mind me asking you. ive just read through your post on here. thanks, april x

Old 12-27-2004, 07:48 PM   #11
(female)

camillec HB User

i have the occasional twitches in my thumb at times. it depends on what i am doing when i feel like i am coming down with somethingi get the stanges twitches and spasms it seems to happen when i am laying down. but when my thumb or hands move involenterily its usually when i am using my hands a lot. i dont recall if i had numbness recently to recall any thing. i hopes this helps, camille

Old 12-28-2004, 04:03 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

do you have tingling sensation? shooting pains? aches, like tension aches? cheers, april x

Old 12-28-2004, 07:04 AM   #13
(female)

camillec HB User

i do get shooting pains on occasion not on a regular basis. only when i feel worn out. i did have a tingling sensation in my feet and my left arm for a few days at a time but not recently.
camille

Old 12-28-2004, 03:08 PM   #14
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User

oh, thanks for replying. its so frustrating not knowing what i have wrong with me. i just hope mri comes soon. love april x

Closed Thread