It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
(female)

Toodle HB User
What is the prognosis?

Can anyone tell me what the prognosis is for someone with MS? I'm scared that I have it and hope it's not fatal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2004, 01:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

apriltones HB User
Re: What is the prognosis?

hi charli, its april. i have posted to you a few times but you dont seem to reply. i noemally post on fibro but here also. i have same symptoms as you after childbirth. i too worry about ms and im scared but ms is serious not fatal i believe. april x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2004, 09:32 AM   #3
(male)

Royal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char123
Can anyone tell me what the prognosis is for someone with MS? I'm scared that I have it and hope it's not fatal.
Hi Char,

MS is not fatal. My understanding is that MS, for most people, is unpredictable. Some go on living a fairly normal life. Others progress to the point where they need wheel chairs. The advent of the drugs over the past decade have served to diminish this possibility.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:57 AM   #4

anseay HB User

COMPLICATIONS; from other illness's are our main concern. Phenomia /that's takes out more people with ms than any other thing by what my gp tells me. You have to keep in mind that ms is an auotammuine desease that makes us more supcepital to flu, cold, and such. We don't have an ammune system adiqucik enough to fight these things off. I've got ms and I came down with bronchitic in oct. 2 regiment of antibiotics and still sick in dec.Last years I did the same thing and in jan. I had double phenomia. It's important to have both a flu and phenomia shot on us. Wishing you well....

Last edited by anseay; 12-30-2004 at 11:00 AM.

Closed Thread