It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2004, 08:13 PM   #1
(female)

dnisey HB User
Is it just me?

I have had symptoms since June 2004, and I still have them now. I was diagnosed in July. I've taken steroids three times now. The symptoms have been up and down but haven't been even close to going away since they started back in June. Does this seem like a long time or is it just me? I would appreciate any input anyone has. Thanks!

Last edited by dnisey; 12-28-2004 at 08:14 PM.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:14 AM   #2

anseay HB User
Re: Is it just me?

No; It's Not Just You, Your Not Alone. At The Present Time I'm On Rebif.

Last edited by anseay; 12-30-2004 at 10:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
(female)

DeniseABC HB User
Talking Re: Is it just me?

Hi,
Unfortunately, I am in the same situation. I was diagnosed in 1999, got on Avonex and did not have any flares for a long time, none worth worrying about anyway. I was very active, mountain biking etc and life was good. Then I started having symptoms, ignored some at first, then started the steroids txs. I swore if the pain didn't go away I was going to go crazy. Well, it now is one of the symptoms that appears to be permanent, I finally agreed, it has been a year and a half. I have found ways to deal with it, increased Nuerontin and the best has been the IVIG.You try to forget about it and just get on with things and hope that this is the worse it will get. I just would like to have one MRI that doesn't show new lesions.

Old 01-10-2005, 06:35 PM   #4

anseay HB User

Hi you guys:
Both of my mri 6months apart show the same thing but now I've had to stop the rebif because of the liver functions, 4 X's over the limit and the gama isn't droping and like Denisa, I went the steroid route when I had endomertreosis, I can't go back there and I won't. Since stopping the rebif last week I can already tell that there is a problem, symtoms returning or the one that never left are getting worse, I'm finding that with ms you don't have to show new leisons for other symtoms to show up or things to get worse. While I was on the rebif my speach patter was alittle agitated, but that was where the symptom never completely went away, now I'm back at fighting to find the words to say in a conversation, it's so frustrating, I know someone who has had ms for years and her speach patter is controled and relaxed, you can tell she has a problem. I wonder if I'lll ever get that good at it. "Like I said your not alone!"

Last edited by anseay; 01-10-2005 at 06:36 PM.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:29 PM   #5
(female)

dealingcms HB User

I was diagnosed in Feb. 2004 and have been having weekly acupuncture since about June 2004. The worst of my exacerbation symptoms (like blurred vision and spasticity and constant MS "hug") have gone away. I still have the tingling and numbness in extremities, still fatigue easily, still battle depression. the "hug" reappears a couple or three times a month, just for a few hours at a time.

Courage!

Old 01-12-2005, 11:05 AM   #6
(male)

dwgraham HB User

I too was diagnosed in July 2004. My Dr. put me on Rebif. I had been having very severe muscle spasms. They have stopped since Rebif. However, I am getting muscle twitching, face, hands and intense itching on lowere legs. I am assuming it is MS. Since being diagnosed I feel as though everything must be MS. First problems were noticed in Eye sight. Dr.(s) believes I have MS for greater than 5 years.

Old 01-14-2005, 10:21 PM   #7

anseay HB User

That's mostly what I hear is that we have some small symptom for 5 years and then the last 2 or where the big puzzel really starts. Hope you do well oon the rebif, almost all of my sympomts went away, and the the liver started acting up they are now working on getting the liver functions under control and want to start me on copaxon. In the short time of stopping the rebif 1-5-05, by 1-13-05 it was like I had never been on a treatment, I'm in the steroid land now and the depression isn't as bad, at least I've not become witchy yet, So there again it's not just you. Hang in there you guys, one day at a time!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by anseay; 01-14-2005 at 10:23 PM.

Closed Thread